|Real Name||Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan|
|Nickname||Mr. Perfectionist, The Choco Boy|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Date of Birth||14 March 1965|
|Age (as in 2017)||52 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Aamir Khan's father was from Bhopal and his mother was from Banaras but they used to live in Lucknow and their ancestors are from Shahabad (near Hardoi), Uttar Pradesh|
|School||J.B. Petit School, Mumbai
St. Anne's High School, Bandra, Mumbai
Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, Mumbai
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Debut||As a child actor: Yaadon Ki Baaraat (1973)
As a lead actor: Holi (1984)
|Family||Father- Late Tahir Hussain (film producer)
Mother- Zeenat Hussain
Brother- Faisal Khan (younger)
Sisters- Farhat Khan and Nikhat Khan (both younger)
|Best Friend||Salman Khan, Sachin Tendulkar|
|Home & Address||Hill View Apartments, Bandra West, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Listening old music, Watching cricket, Doing social work|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes: Doing research for his work
Dislikes: Corruption, Liars
|Controversies||• Aamir Khan faced public insult when his own brother Faisal Khan blamed him of captivating him in the house and vigorously giving him pills saying that he is mentally ill. The stuff even reached the court and his guardianship was given to his father. However, his father gave the liability back to Aamir.
• Aamir had previously called Shahrukh Khan a dog while declaring that he had named his dog after him. He afterwards said that Shahrukh is the dog of the concierge of his house. Later he apologised to Shahrukh and his family by visiting Shahrukh’s home.
• In December 2015, he made a public statement that he thinks Indians are getting intolerant which was criticised by most people.
|Favourite Food||Mughlai & Baked Chicken (But he has turned into a pure vegetarian guy now)|
|Favourite Actor||Govinda, Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Day-Lewis|
|Favourite Actress||Waheeda Rehman, Geeta Bali|
|Favourite Sports||Tennis, Cricket|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood: Pyaasa (1957)|
|Favourite Song||Oh Re Taal Mile from the film Anokhi Raat (1968)|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Reena Dutta, Kiran Rao|
|Wife/Spouse||1st Wife: Reena Dutta (divorced)
2nd Wife: Kiran Rao
|Marriage Date||1st Marriage: April 18, 1986
2nd Marriage: 28 December 2005
|Children||From 1st wife: Ira Khan (daughter), Junaid Khan (son)
From 2nd wife: Azad Rao Khan (son)
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz S600, Bentley Continental, Rolls Royce Ghost Phantom, Land Rover Range Rover SUV, BMW 6 series|
|Salary||60 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$300 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aamir Khan
- Does Aamir Khan drink alcohol?: Yes
- During his childhood, his family suffered from financial crises as his father’s production got flopped and he was on credits. Aamir was about to get expelled from school for not paying school fee on time.
- He initiated his career in Indian cinema when he was only 8 years old.
- He is from the family of freedom fighters and he is a descendant of Dr. Zakir Hussain, the previous President of India.
- He was the state Tennis winner for Maharashtra.
- He discarded wax imitation offer of himself put on demonstration at Madame Tussauds, he said that it doesn’t matter to him and people can keep him in their mind by watching his movies.
- He never goes to any award ceremony and he habitually avoids media reporting. He stopped going to award ceremonies from 1990 when he was nominated for the Best Actor award for his film “Dil” but the award was bagged by Sunny Deol for “Ghayal”.
- He doesn’t like to take bath and rarely takes bath when he is on holidays.
- Just before his 50th birthday, he announced that he will follow a vegan diet from then onwards.