|Real Name||Chitra Shome (aka Chitra Dutta)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Hair Colour||Black (dyed brown)|
|Date of Birth||11 April 1945|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Music Album: The Unforgettables (1977)
Playback Singer: Film- Sath-Sath
|Hobbies||Reading, Singing & Travelling|
|Favourite Food(s)||Bengali Cuisines, Punjabi Cuisines & Italian Cuisines|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Rajesh Khanna, Dharmendra|
|Favourite Actresses||Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sharmila Tagore|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Jagjit Singh, Talat Mahmood, Lata Mangeshkar|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Black, Pink, Red|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Debo Prasad Dutta (First Husband/Divorced)
Jagjit Singh (Second Husband)
|Marriage Date||Year 1961 (First Marriage)
Year 1969 (second marriage)
|Children||Son- Late Vivek Singh (died in 1990)
Daughter- Late Monica Dutta (From first Husband, died in 2009)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$ 2.5 -3.5 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chitra Singh
- Does Chitra Singh smoke?: Not Known
- Does Chitra Singh drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Chitra Singh Belongs to a Bengali family and got married when she was just 16 years old.
- She met Jagjit Singh in her ex-husband’s recording studio, where Jagjit used to visit during his struggling days. She soon fell in love with his voice and persona.
- Her 21 years old son, Vivek Singh, died in a road accident. The news of his death shattered the couple badly and made them deeply depressed.
- She recorded her last song ‘Mere Dukh Ki koi Dawa Na Karo’ on the same year, before the demise of her son. After that incident, Chitra completely relinquished her singing career.
- She also had a daughter, Monica Dutta, who was a model and committed suicide at the age of 50 as she was depressed with her marital relationship.
- She began singing with Jagjit Singh and the duo was termed the “Ghazal couple”. They complemented each other’s voices and gave together various hit songs such as Raat Bhi Neend Bhi, Baat Niklegi Toh Phir Door Talak Jayegi, Tujhko dariya Dili Ki Kasam Sakiya, Sarakti Jaaye Hai Rukh Se, and many more.
- She also performed with her husband in live concerts and One of her popular event was her recording for Punjabi Tappe in BBC Pebble Mill, Birmingham in the year 1979.
- She also did playback singing for few Bollywood songs and TV serials, whose music gained success at its peak. Some of them are ‘Yun Zindagi Ki Rahon Mein’, Dil-e-Nadan Tujhe Hua Kya Hai, Tu Nahi To Jindagi Mein Kya’, and many more.
- Here is the video of an interview, in which Chitra Singh is telling about her journey of life with her husband Jagjit Singh.