Some Lesser Known Facts About Harpal Singh Sokhi
- Does Harpal Singh Sokhi smoke?: No
- Does Harpal Singh Sokhi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sokhi was initially interested in the Indian Air-Force but when he realized that, it was too late.
- When one door closes another opens, he had a friend who at that time was doing his Hotel Management in Siliguri. It inspired him and he then joined the Hotel Management institute in Bhubaneshwar.
- His mother and father were his biggest inspiration to become a chef.
- Very few people know that famous cooking show Khana Khazana was started by him in 1993. Actually, 23 chefs auditioned for this role and even recorded 2 episodes each. Then, Zee TV shortlisted 3 chefs based upon the presentation level, he, Sanjeev Kapoor and a lady from Uttar Pradesh, but later Sanjeev Kapoor was shortlisted.
- He is fluent in various languages like: English, Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali, Oriya and Telugu.
- He is referred as The Energy Chef of India, for his shear energy and jolly nature.