|Real name||Zara Khan Cinema Express|
|Other Name(s)||Sasha Agha WION, Sasheh Aagha YRF- YouTube
Note: In an interview at the beginning of her acting career, she revealed that instead of taking her father's last name, she took her mother’s last name because she “owed it to her.” Zahrah said that her mother had uncondionally supported her throughout her journey as an actress.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Ebuzztoday Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 55 kg
in Pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||30-27-34|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut(as an actress)||Film: Aurangzeb (2013) as Ritu
|Date of Birth||1 January 1992 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||London, United Kingdom|
|Nationality||British Cinema Express|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Mahrashtra, India|
|School||• Jankidevi Public School, Mumbai
• Dubai American Scientific School, United Arab Emirates
|Ethnicity||Zahrah S Khan was born into the renowned Khan squash dynasty. The Pakistani Pashtun family is known for producing a succession of champion squash players, including Zahrah's grandfather, Nasrullah Khan. The Guardian On the other hand, her mother, Salma Agha, belongs to an Urdu-speaking Muslim Pathan family. Hailing from Amritsar, Punjab, Salma Agha's family later settled in London. iDiva While talking about the origin of her surname “Agha” in an interview, Salma said,
"My father (Liaqat Gul Tajik) traded in precious stones and antiques in Iran. He was given the title Aagha there, a kind of knighthood bestowed on a businessman of repute.”
|Food Habit||Vegan The Times of India
Note: Earlier, she was non-vegetarian. The Times of India
|Hobbies||Songwriting, Reading Poetry, Cooking, Travelling|
|Controversies||Rape Threats On Instagram
In 2020, between October 28 and November 3, Zahrah received rape threats from an unknown Instagram user following which she registered a case in Mumbai's Oshiwara police station. Upon investigation, the police identified the accused as Noorah Saravar, who was a 23-year-old female MBA student in Hyderabad. During the investigation, Noorah told the police that she had created a fake account on Instagram. Allegedly, Saravar said that Zahrah and her co-workers were working with a political party and targeting her. A probe into the matter revealed that Noorah was mentally unstable. However, a case had been registered against Noorah Saravar under sections 354 (a), 354(b), 509, 506 and Information Technology Act 67(a) of the Indian Penal Code. The Quint
In 2011, an MMS featuring Zahrah and an unidentified man surfaced on the internet. At that time, Zahrah had been in a relationship with Ruslaan Mumtaz for over a year. In the aftermath of the leaked MMS, she made grave allegations against Ruslaan, accusing him of not only leaking the MMS clip but also of being gay. The Times of India However, Ruslaan dismissed the allegations levelled against him during an interview and said,
"It has been uploaded by someone on Youtube. They can easily find who uploaded it. I have better things to do than upload clips of other people. I’m in no way involved with that MMS. Someone known to her has shot and uploaded the video. As for her being in the video or not, that’s for her to know and claim. I don’t care if that girl in the video is Zarah or Britney.”
Ruslaan also claimed that Zahrah and her mother, Salma Agha, were labelling him as "gay" merely as he had gone out with a male friend on Valentine’s Day. He lashed out at Zahrah and Salma’s behaviour during the interview and said,
"For the record, I am not gay. Too bad, if being gay is a problem for her and her mother. I’ve loads of gay friends. The film and glamour industry have a lot of gay and bi-sexual men. I love spending time with them. If my parents have no objection, why do Ms Salma Agha and Zarah have any? I love my gay friends. Just because somebody has a problem with the gay community I am not going to stop hanging out with them.”
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Divorced The Times of India|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Sachin Gupta (music director) (2014-2015)
• Neil Nitin Mukesh (actor) (rumored) Mid-Day
• Ruslaan Mumtaz (actor) (until 2011)
Note: Ruslaan Mumtaz is son of Marathi actress Anjana Mumtaz. In 2011, Ruslaan and Zahrah broke up following the MMS Scandal. The Times of India However, during an interview after the scandal broke out, he claimed that he was never interested in Zahrah, and he did not date her. He said,
"No, , I wasn’t interested in her (Zahrah). She was my friend. I don’t want to talk about her. I was the one escorting her to all the filmy parties in Bollywood and I introduced her to all the producers and directors I know.”
|Marriage Date||Year, 2014
Note: Zahrah S Khan and Sachin Gupta's marriage went kaput in 2015 after which she shifted to Dubai. The Times of India
|Husband/Spouse||Sachin Gupta (musician)
|Parents||Father- Rehmat Khan (also spelt Rahmat Khan) (Pakistani squash player and coach)
Mother- Salma Agha (British singer and actress who worked in Pakistani and Indian films in the 1980s and the early 1990s)
Note: Rehmat Khan and Salma Agha were married from 1989 to 2010. Before that, Salma Agha was married to a Pakistani actor Jawed Sheikh. Before his marriage to Salma, Rehmat Khan was married to an English woman named Josie.
|Siblings||Brother- Ali Agha Khan (Liaqat Ali Khan) (badminton player)
|Others||Stepfather- Manzar Shah (a Dubai-based businessman)
Half-sister(s)- Natasha Khan, Suraiya Khan
Half-brother- Tariq Khan
Note: Salma Agha married Manzar Shah in 2011. Natasha Khan (well known as Bat for Lashes) is a Pakistani-British singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist, who is the daughter of Rehmat Khan and his English wife Josie.
|Actor(s)||Salman Khan, Tiger Shroff|
|Film||Mera Naam Joker (1970), Queen (2013), Kabhie Kabhie (1976), Dil Toh Pagal Hai (1997), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Veer Zaara (2004)|
|Film Series||The Fear Street Trilogy|
|TV Shows||The Good Doctor (2017)|
|Singer(s)||Noor Jehan, Whitney Houston, Sunidhi Chauhan, Arijit Singh|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Zahrah S Khan
- Zahrah S Khan is a British actress and singer of Pakistani origin who rose to popularity with her Bollywood songs The Punjaabban Song from the film Jugjugg Jeeyo (2022) and Kusu Kusu from the film Satyameva Jayate 2 (2021).
- Her parents divorced when she was just six years old, and she has been with her mother ever since. She spent her childhood in Mumbai, New Jersey, Canada, and Dubai.
- Growing up, she idolised American actress Hilary Duff to such an extent that she dyed her hair Blonde at 12 to imitate Hilary.
- During her later teen years, she dyed her hair Black after being fascinated with Canadian singer-songwriter Avril Lavigne.
- In an interview, while talking about her roots she said,
I am very much Indian, I am connected to Delhi, as my naani has been residing here only. I did my schooling from Bombay, so its’ wrong if people call me a Pakistani actress and singer or firang. I have my roots in India only.”
- Born to a singer mother, Zahrah learned Hindustani classical music while growing up. A skilled guitar and keyboard player, Zahrah also built a studio for herself in her Dubai House.
- She is the fourth generation singer in her maternal family. The music composer’s duo Sajid-Wajid are Zahrah’s maternal uncles. Her maternal grandmother, Nusrin Agha, was also a well-known singer.
- Zahrah’s mother, Salma Agha, is the granddaughter of the Pashtun musician Rafiq Ghaznavi and actress Anwari Bai Begum, who is known for starring in the 1932 Punjabi film Heer Ranjha. Anwari Begum and Rafiq Ghaznavi’s daughter, Nasreen Agha (Salma’s mother), was also an actor. Later, when Anwari and Rafiq got divorced, Anwari went on to marry Jugal Kishore Mehra, a maternal cousin of Raj Kapoor, Shammi Kapoor, and Shashi Kapoor. Jugal also legally adopted Nasreen as his daughter. She is the second cousin to the 5th generation of Kapoors- Karisma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, and Ranbir Kapoor.
- Zahrah’s ties to Bollywood led her to enter the entertainment industry at the age of 16 when she was visiting Mumbai for her summer holidays. At that time, she started taking acting lessons and also went for various auditions.
- Zahrah earned a nomination for Best Debut – Female at the Zee Cine Awards (2014) for her role of Ritu in the film Aurangzeb (2013).
- In the same year, she began her journey as a playback singer when she voiced the song Barbaadiyaan in the film Aurangzeb.
- In 2014, she appeared in the Bollywood action-drama film Desi Kattey in the role of Paridhi Rathore.
- In 2014, rumours about Zahrah S Khan and Sachin Gupta’s love affair made headlines when Salma Agha lodged a police complaint against Sachin at Oshiwara police station for dating her daughter. However, while addressing the media outside the police station Sachin Gupta denied the relationship and said that they were there to sort out a water leakage problem in their building. Mid-Day He said,
We went to the police to sort out a water leakage problem in our building and it has already been resolved. Salmaji is a beautiful singer and I respect her a lot. There’s nothing between me and Sasha; we are just good friends.”
Zahrah, who was accompanying Sachin to the police station, too denied the rumours and said,
I really don’t know where this has come from, because we went to the police to sort out a water leakage problem. Sachin is a sweetheart and there’s nothing between us. Even if there was something, why would my mother go to the police station. We stay in the 21st century and nobody does such a thing now. Whoever gave you this story needs to come up with something better.”
- Later, Zahrah revealed that her mother was no longer against her relationship with Sachin. The Times of India While talking about the same to a media house, Zahrah said,
How long could my mother remain angry? I understand her concern. She feels we should both concentrate on our respective careers. But eventually she realised that we are really serious about each other and gave in. Sachin and I have known each other for six years and have been together for two years.”
- Although she got married to musician Sachin Gupta against her mother’s will in 2014, the couple parted ways in 2015.
- She played the role of Gurpreet in Kajri Babbar’s 2019 British short film ‘Khoj.’ Premiered at Cannes in May 2018, the film narrates the journey of a teenage Punjabi bride; Kajri Babbar is the niece of Indian actor-politician Raj Babbar.
- She came into the spotlight in 2021 when she voiced the crowd-puller song ‘Kusu Kusu,’ featuring Nora Fatehi, from the Bollywood film Satyameva Jayate 2. The song was collaboratively sung by Zahrah S Khan and Dev Negi. She also lent her voice to the song ‘Tenu Lehenga’ from the Satyameva Jayate 2.
- Apart from Bollywood songs, she has also lent her voice to Tanishk Bagchi‘s single Khudse Zyada, Guru Randhawa’s single Dance Meri Rani (2021), Nayi Dhoop from the Amazon Prime film Unpaused (2020), and the female version of the song Yeh Haalath from the Amazon Prime series Mumbai Diaries 26/11 (2021).
- In 2021, she collaborated with Aparshakti Khurrana to record a cover of the Bollywood songs ‘Humdum’ and ‘Saathiya’ mashed up with Justin Bieber’s song ‘Stay.’ The mashup is uploaded on her YouTube channel titled Zara Khan.
- In 2022, she rose to popularity with ‘The Punjaabban Song’ from the Bollywood film Jugjugg Jeeyo, which featured actors Varun Dhawan, Kiara Advani, Anil Kapoor, and Neetu Kapoor. The chartbuster song was collaboratively sung by Zahrah S Khan, Gippy Grewal, Tanishk Bagchi, and Romy Abrar. Another song in the film which she voiced was Jaise Savan.
- She has lent her voice to various Bollywood songs like Kya Karte The Saajna from the film Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan (2020), Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui 2.0 (2021), and Har Funn Maula from the film Koi Jaane Na (2021).
- In 2022, she lent her voice to the Hindi version of the song ‘Aafat’ from the Pan-India film Liger.
- In an interview, she revealed that she likes to sleep in complete darkness with no night lamps on. She said,
I can’t sleep if there is even a little light in the room. I need absolute darkness. I flip my phonescreen so that its light won’t wake me up.”
- She is an avid cat lover and owns two cats. In an interview, she said,
I’m a huge cat person. I think I’ll be an old lady with 17 cats. I already have two.”
- Apart from ghazals, Sufi, alternative rock, and R&B music, she also likes Nepali music.