Marital Status: Divorced
Profession: Macrobiotic Counsellor/Chef
|Profession||Macrobiotic Nutritionist, Chef/Instructor, Gut Expert, Author|
|Famous Role||Nutritionist of Katrina Kaif and Jacqueline Fernandez|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Publications||• 2012: The Beauty Diet: Eat Your Way to a Fab New You
• 2014: The Love Diet
• 2017: The Detox Diet
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 2020: The Vogue ‘Best Nutritionist’
• 2019: The Times SheUnlimited 'Woman Entrepreneur in Health Food.'
• 2016: Among the top six finalists at Pharma Leaders Power Brand Awards in the category of 'India’s Most Promising Face in Diet and Nutrition' at the Annual Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit and Pharmaleaders Business Leadership Awards
|Date of Birth Bangalore Mirror||Year, 1969|
|Age (as of 2021)||52 Years|
|Birthplace||London, United Kingdom|
|College/University||• Kushi Institute Becket Massachusetts, USA
• Marquette University
• University of Mumbai
• Mass Communication Marquette University
|Educational Qualification(s) LinkedIn - Shonali||• Graduation in Macrobiotic Counsellor/Chef/Instructor (2006 – 2012)
• M.A. in Marketing Research (1991 – 1993)
• Diploma in Journalism (1990 – 1991)
• M.A. in Economics (1989 – 1991)
• Master of Arts
|Food Habit||Vegan The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Name not known|
|Parents||Father- Her father was a pilot.
Mother- Name not known
|Siblings||Brother- Vishal Sabherwal
Sister- Shabana Sabherwal
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shonali Sabherwal
- Shonali Sabherwal is an Indian macrobiotic nutritionist, chef/instructor, gut expert, and author. She is the Founder of Soulfood (Mumbai) and Director of the Shonaalii Sabherwal Healthier Lifestyle Options Pvt. Ltd. since 2007.
- Shonali is India’s first practising graduate in Macrobiotics from The Kushi Institute (USA).
- She works on ailments like cancer, gut health, autoimmune disease, irritable bowel disorder, and more.
- When Shonali’s father was diagnosed with prostate and bone cancer in 1998, she looked for an alternative approach and stumbled upon macrobiotic nutrition on the internet. She trained for 10 days under the macrobiotic nutritionist, Mona Schwartz, based in Dehradun and eventually proceeded to pursue graduation in the same from the US. Her father succumbed to cancer in 2001. Bangalore Mirror
- Before taking up macrobiotics as a career, Sabherwal worked as a marketing research professional for 12 years with MRAS Dun and Bradstreet, Pathfinders, Lintas, and AC Nielsen. Pharma Leaders
- After her graduation in Macrobiotics, Sabherwal also did a course in ‘Solomon Yogalates’ from Louise Solomon in Byron Bay, Australia, making her the first Solomon Yogalates teacher in India. She is also an expert in the Art of Oriental Organ Facial Diagnosis. Pharma Leaders LinkedIn – Shonali
- After the demise of her father in 2001, Shonali continued her research on nutrition and was diagnosed with a slipped disk, which motivated her to shift her career to Macrobiotics in 2005. Deccan Herald
- In 2006, the Macrobiotics graduate started her business, “Soulfood,” which is a brand of retail products of ready-to-eat snacks and treats. Shonali said in an interview,
I started catering macrobiotic meals, especially lunches, to people at work. My first five clients were friends and acquaintances.”
- In the same year, the celebrity fitness counsellor started her own catering service, ‘Enhance,’ with macrobiotic health meals in Mumbai, by preparing just five lunches a day. Gradually, she grew her business to around 30-35 lunches and six tailor-made dinners along with conducting cookery classes and offering macrobiotic consultations and workshops on diet and lifestyle. Blogger
- In 2008, Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif saw Shonali’s Soulfood brochure and got in touch with her, which started Sabherwal’s journey with Bollywood.
- Her celebrity clientele includes Katrina Kaif, Jacqueline Fernandez, Hema Malini, Esha Deol, Neha Dhupia, Zoya Akhtar, Javed Akhtar, Siddarth Malhotra, Dalip Tahil, Nivin Pauly, Kabir Bedi, Shekhar Kapur, and more.
- The celebrity fitness counsellor has also been an active writer, propagating the benefits of a Macrobiotic lifestyle and more. Since 2008, Shonali has written for several media publications including The Vogue, The Hindu, Business World, The Free Press Journal, Hindustan Times, Femina, India Today, Deccan Herald, DNA, NDTV, and Indian Express Indulge, and she has also been featured in many others. Shonali – official website
- The nutritionist is also the bestselling author of 3 books, published with Penguin Random House.
- At the launch of her second book, The Love Diet, published in 2014, Shonali announced that she would give the money made from the book sales of the first year to two NGOs – Ra Foundation and Eve Foundation. The Bold and The Stylish
- Shonali also sits as a Nutritionist on the board of Ecole Mondiale World School and Green Acres Academy in Mumbai. LinkedIn – Shonali