|Physical Stats & More|
|Citation Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 177.8 cm
in meters- 1.77 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Debut||Film: ‘Darling’ (2019); as Alina
|Date of Birth||26 October 1998 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||24 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Intermediate of Commerce (I.Com) degree|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names not known
|Siblings||She has an elder sister and one brother. Alina is the third born child of her parents.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alina Khan
- Alina Khan is the first Pakistani transgender actress who walked the Red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival 2022 after her feature film titled Joyland (2022) became the official entry of Pakistan for Best International Feature Film at the 95th Academy Awards.
- Since childhood, Alina was bullied by the people around her for being transgender. In an interview, Alina recalled her traumatizing childhood and said,
My sister was the eldest and she was a bully; I used to be a little scared of her. I have been beaten up a lot by my brother, my sister, mother in my childhood… Somewhere in my heart, I was a little scared.”
- From a young age, Alina was fond of acting and dancing. She used to wear a dupatta (scarf) and dance around her house. On seeing this, Alina’s father remarked that Alina would become an actor one day.
- When Alina was in 5th standard, her father passed away. Due to the poor conditions at her home, Alina had to take up a job at a factory after she passed matriculation. There, she appeared as a boy; however, her identity couldn’t stay hidden for too long. She intended to leave and then worked in the sales department somewhere else where she also faced discrimination. YouTube- Desi Tv
- In an interview, while talking about her family’s behaviour towards Alina, she revealed that they were ashamed of her and said,
My family always thought I would bring shame to them, only Ammi would speak to me for a few minutes while the others cut me off. I never understand this because the same women call us home to bless their children at the time of their birth.”
- During her second year of college, Alina ran away from her home and earned money by performing at public gatherings.
- Alina then joined Pakistan’s Transgender Community called the Khawajasira Society in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Once, Alina was invited to an event, which was organized by an NGO in which she performed Sufi kalam (Sufi devotional poetry). The event was covered by several media houses and Alina received immense appreciation for her performance. At this event, she met Sana Jafri (casting director), who later offered her the role of protagonist in the film ‘Darling’ (2019) after recognizing Alina’s skills.
- Alina played the lead role of a dreamy trans girl who is desperate to become a star in the short film ‘Darling’ (2019). The film won several International awards including Venice Film Festival (2019) and Melbourne Queer Film Festival (2021).
- Alina rose to fame after her second feature film titled ‘Joyland’ (2022) became Pakistan’s official entry for Best International Feature Film at the 95th Academy Awards.
- The film Joyland (2022) received heavy criticism in Pakistan, and the country banned its own official entry at the Oscars 2023. During an interview, while talking about the ban and her first red carpet-experience, Alina said,
There’s nothing in Joyland against Islam and I don’t understand how Islam can get endangered by mere films. For the first time in my life, I felt my talent preceded my gender, and I was given so much respect.”
- Alina has successfully won many hearts on the international level; however, her siblings’ odd behaviour upsets her. In an interview, she recalled her visit to Lahore after she came back from Cannes, France, when Alina offered to accompany her sister to the local market and was devastated when she declined Alina for fear that she will attract attention. The Tribune