|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Service Years||12 July 1988 - present|
|Designation(s)||• Additional Judge of the Madhya Pradesh High Court (29 December 2009 - 15 February 2011)
• Judge of the Madhya Pradesh High Court (15 February 2011 - 16 September 2016)
• Judge of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court (16 September 2016 - 17 November 2018)
• Acting Chief Justice of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court (11 May 2018 - 17 November 2018)
• Judge of the Karnataka High Court (17 November 2018 - present)
|Date of Birth||13 April 1964 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||59 Years|
|Birthplace||Raipur, Madhya Pradesh (now in Chattisgarh), India|
|School||He completed his schooling in Madhya Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Sc
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 2,25,000 + other allowances (w.e.f. 1 January 2016) Department of Justice – Government of India|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alok Aradhe
- Alok Aradhe is an Indian advocate, who has served in the High Courts of Madhya Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, and Karnataka as a judge. In July 2023, he came into the limelight after the Supreme Court collegium put forward his name for the position of Chief Justice of the Telangana High Court.
- After becoming a registered advocate at the Madhya Pradesh High Court in Jabalpur on 12 July 1988, Alok Aradhe began representing his clients in various areas such as civil, constitutional, arbitration, and corporate affairs.
- Thereafter, Alok Aradhe provided assistance to Chief Justice G. P. Singh in the process of revising the fifth and sixth versions of the book titled Principles of Administrative Law, originally authored by M. P. Jain and S. N. Jain.
- Subsequently, he was designated as a visiting professor at the Judicial Officers Training and Research Institute located in Madhya Pradesh.
- Alok Aradhe assumed the position of chairman of the Jammu and Kashmir State Judicial Academy on 7 June 2017.
- He took on the role of executive chairman of the Jammu and Kashmir State Legal Services Authority on 4 September 2018.
- After Justice Ritu Raj Awasthi, Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court, retired, he took on the position of Acting Chief Justice of the same court on 3 July 2022.
- In August 2022, Alok led a division bench of the Karnataka High Court that made a ruling on a plea from Manjunath S. Halawar about the use of loudspeakers for the azaan. The court rejected the request to prohibit mosques from using loudspeakers, stating that it did not infringe upon the fundamental rights of people of different religions. However, the court did issue a directive to the authorities to ensure that regulations regarding noise pollution were being followed. Hindustan Times The judgement of the bench read,
Article 25 and 26 of the Constitution of India embodies the principle of toleration which is the characteristic of the Indian civilisation. Article 25(1) of the constitution confers the fundamental rights on persons to freely profess, practice and propagate their own religion. However, the aforesaid right is not an absolute right but is subject to the restrictions on the grounds of public order, morality, health as well as subject to other provisions in Part III of the Constitution of India. Contention that the contents of Azaan violate the fundamental right guaranteed to the petitioner as well the persons of other faith cannot be accepted.”
- In July 2023, the Supreme Court’s collegium proposed Alok Aradhe as a candidate for the role of Chief Justice of the Telangana High Court.
- Alok Aradhe is an avid traveller and has explored many destinations.
- Alok Aradhe passionately follows the teachings of the renowned Indian spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.