|Real Name||Ayah Bdeir|
|Profession(s)||An Entrepreneur, Inventor, Interactive Artist, Engineer|
|Famous As||Founder and CEO of LittleBits|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-34|
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Hair Colour||Light Ash Blonde|
|Date of Birth||27 November 1982|
|Age (as in 2017)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|College/University||American University of Beirut
Media Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Computer Engineering and Sociology
MS Media Arts and Sciences
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2018: STEM Hero of the Year award at VEX World Championship Competition
2018: Connected World Women of M2M (WoM2M)
2018: Top 25 Leading Woman Entrepreneur
2017: Forbes Women at Forbes Under 30: Closing the Tech Gap
2016: NYSCI Creative Entrepreneurship Award from The New York Hall of Science
2016: Marie Claire America’s 50 Most Influential Women
2016: Crains New York 40 Under 40
2014: Entrepreneur Magazine 10 Up and Coming Leaders to Watch
2014: CNBC Next List
2014: New York Business Journal Women of Influence winner
2013: Fast Company Most Creative People in Business
2013: TED Senior Fellowship
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||October 19|
|Husband/Spouse||Adam Bly (An Entrepreneur)
|Parents||Father- Late Saadi Bdeir (An Entrepreneur)
Mother- Randa Bdeir (A Banker)
Sister- Dania Bdeir, Zahira Bdeir
|Favourite Artist(s)||Arthur Ganson (Kinetic artist and Roboticist), Sol Lewitt|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$15.6 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ayah Bdeir
- Does Ayah Bdeir smoke?: Not Known
- Does Ayah Bdeir drink alcohol?: Yes
- When she was a kid, she loved math, science, and design. Little Bdeir would take things apart, break them open to see what was inside.
- In 2008, she was awarded a fellowship at Eyebeam in New York City.
- She has taught graduate classes at NYU’s Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP) and Parsons The New School for Design.
- Before LittleBits, she worked as an interactive artist. She has exhibited work at the Peacock Visual Arts Gallery (Aberdeen), the New Museum (New York), Ars Electronica (Linz) and the Royal College of Art (London).
- She served as a design mentor on the reality TV show, ”Stars of Science” in 2010.
- In 2011, she established LittleBits Electronics, a startup with an aim of “putting the power of electronics in the hands of everyone, and to break down complex technologies so that anyone can build, prototype, and invent.” The company is funded by investors as True Ventures, Foundry Group, and Two Sigma and is situated in New York.
- Her company, littleBits works in education and STEAM (STEAM includes science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics) and is one of the leading organizations of this sector.
- With just a team of 100 people, her company lifted $60M and won over 150 awards in tech, education, and toys.
- The littleBits library includes nine kits and nearly 70 interoperable modules, with products sold in more than 100 countries around the world and over 2,000 schools and makerspaces.
- Her career has contributed to making education and innovation more approachable to people around the world.
- She co-founded the Open Hardware Summit, an annual conference organized by the Open Source Hardware Association.
- She is a proponent of gender neutrality, and in a stereotyped society where people believe that many girls lose interest in STEM early on, she proudly claims that 40% of the littleBits user base is girls.
- She has been featured on TED, BBC, Forbes, and Popular Science, and called “Lego for the iPad generation” by Bloomberg TV.
- In 2016, littleBits joined the Disney Accelerator program.
- Her company has a tie-up with Pearson also, one of the leading curriculum companies in the world to co-create curriculum to support their Science and Engineering program.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡