|Known For||Playing the role of Bapuji in the Gujarati film Chhello Show (2022)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Debut||Film (Gujarati): Juvenile Delinquents on Vimeo (September 2016)
Web series (Hindi): Modi: Journey of a Common Man on Eros Now (March 2019)
|Awards||• 2014: Best Supporting Actor Award for the play "Chitralekha" in Mumbai
• 2017: Best Actor Award from Samast Gujarat Brahm Samaj
|Date of Birth||18 June|
|Hometown||Ahmedabad, India Dipen Raval - Facebook
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||12 October|
|Children||Son- Manjish Raval
|Parents||Father- Navin Raval
Mother- Bhavana Raval
|Siblings||Brother- Miten Raval
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dipen Raval
- Dipen Raval is an Indian actor who predominantly works in Gujarati films and television shows. Dipen is popularly known for playing the role of Bapuji in the Gujarati film Chhello Show (English titled ‘Last Film Show’), which was chosen by the Film Federation of India on 20 September 2022 to compete at the 95th Academy Awards under the Best International Feature Film category.
- After completing his graduation, Dipen worked as a pharmacist, but he was fond of acting and always dreamt of becoming an actor. To fulfil his aspirations of becoming an actor, Dipen quit his job as a pharmacist and started working as a theatre artist.
- Dipen actively participated in various stage plays and theatrical productions. Some of his stage plays include Paankh Vina Na Patangiya, Ekla Chalo Re as Nikhil, Tame Josh Ma To Ame Honsh Ma, Vikalp, Salo Karave Gotalo, and Wife Chhe To Life Chhe.
- Dipen worked as a director for the play Salo Karave Gotalo.
- In 2016, Dipen appeared in two Gujarati comedy films, Grand Hali and Navri Bazar.
- Later, Dipen appeared in a few Gujarati films like Bhanwar as Billubhai (2017), Ratanpur (2018), Locked in Lockdown, and Fee on Fire Revenge (2022).
- In April 2017, Dipen appeared as a judge in the Hindi television show Savdhaan India: India Fights Back on Life OK.
- In September 2019, Dipen was invited to the Polytechnic College in Ahmedabad to judge a theatre event for the Gujarat Technological University (GTU).
- In July 2020, Dipen Raval, along with his wife, Sweta Raval, acted and directed the comedy web series Wife Mari 5G on YouTube. The series is based on the concept of showcasing the relationship between a husband and wife.
- Dipen’s film, Chhello Show, premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2021.
- In January 2022, Dipen acted in two Gujarati television shows, Sorath Ni Mrs Singham as Vikramsinh on Colors Gujarati and Prem Ni Bhavai as Mukulesh Inamdar on Colors Gujarati.
- In 2022, Dipen played the role of a lawyer, Rahul Shastri, in the film Bawari: The Silence of Women. In the same year, Dipen acted in the film Chhello Show in which he played the role of Bapuji, which is directed by Pan Nalin and produced by Siddharth Roy Kapur. In an interview, on being asked about the role he played in the film Chhello Show, Dipen said,
While making this film we knew this is something different. In movie I play the role of Samay’s father. In the movie initially, I oppose Samay going and working for film industry. But later I realise my son was right. It is (about a) very interesting relationship of father and son.” India Today
- In 2022, Dipen Raval appeared in a commercial for the brand Super Doco.
- In an interview, on being asked about the selection of the Gujarati film Chhello Show at the Oscars 2023, Dipen expressed his excitement and replied,
- During the shoot of the film, Chello Show in Dhari, Amreli District, Gujarat, a group of lions entered the sets of the film. In an interview, Dipen talked about the difficulties that arrived while shooting for the film and said,
We faced difficulties while shooting. The entire film was shot in Gujarat’s Amreli, Dhari. On our set there was a time when lions had entered. We shot in heavy rains as well, but enjoyed a lot. It is kind of autobiography itself,” India Today
- Pan Nalin, director and writer of the film Chhello Show, won the Best Feature Film Award at the 3rd International Gujarati Film Festival (IGFF) in Atlanta, USA.