|Real Name||Geetha Johri|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Date of Birth||Year 1958|
|Age (as in 2016)||59 Years|
|Birth Place||Not Known|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Not Known|
|College/University||Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad, India|
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Controversies||• In September 1992, she was criticized for defying her senior officers.
• She came under the Supreme Court scanner during her stints with the special investigation team (SIT), which probed the post-Godhra riots.
• Supreme Court also questioned her role as investigating officer in the Sohrabuddin Shaikh and Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter cases. Supreme Court asked her to dissociate herself from the SIT following allegations against her.
• CBI alleged that Johri delayed investigations into the Prajapati case and destroyed some case records.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Anil Johri (Indian Forest Officer)|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- Not Known
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Geetha Johri
- Does Geetha Johri smoke?: Not Known
- Does Geetha Johri drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She is a 1982 Batch IPS Officer of Gujarat Cadre.
- She is the first woman IPS Officer from Gujarat.
- Johri’s first posting after clearing the UPSC Examination was at Ahmedabad. After that, she was posted to Gandhinagar and Vadodara. She also served as Principal of Police Training School at Vadodara.
- She came to limelight in the 1990s when she raided the house of Abdul Latif (a liquor mafia) in Dariapur district. She arrested his gunman Sharif Khan; however, Abdul Latif managed to escape. In 2017, a film titled Raees based on the life of Abdul Latif was released, in which Latif’s role was portrayed by Shah Rukh Khan.
- In 2006, she was posted in Crime Investigation Department (CID) and headed the investigation team into the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter and the killing of his wife Kausar Bi. She was handed over the case after Rubabuddin (brother of Sohrabuddin Sheikh) filed a petition in the Supreme Court. She confirmed after gathering evidence that the encounter was ‘fake’, which led to the arrest of 13 police officers, including ex-Gujarat DIG DG Vanzara.
- On 4 April 2017, she became the first woman Director General of Police (DGP) of Gujarat. After her appointment as DG Gujarat, she quoted to PTI- “I will assume office immediately. Being the first woman DGP of the state, my priority will be to address the problems of women. They can come to me anytime and I will try my best to solve their problems.”
- Johri is slated to retire on 30 November 2017.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡