Education: Bachelor's In Theatre & Film
Hometown: Seoul, South Korea
Age: 26 Years
|Profession(s)||Actress & Model|
|Famous Role||'Teenagae Kim Sunja' in the Apple TV+ series 'Pachinko' (2022). Kim Sunja is a Korean woman living in Busan, South Korea, who is fighting a battle of survival in the Korea dominated by the Japanese.
|Physical Stats & More|
|People Entertainment - Kim Min-ha Height||in centimeters- 164 cm
in meters- 1.64 m
in feet & inches- 5' 4.5"
|Debut||TV (South Korean): Two Girls Season 2 (2016) as 'Girl 2'
Film (South Korean): After Spring (2018) as 'Hyeon-jeong'
Film (American): Pachinko (2022) as 'Teenage Kim Sunja'
|Date of Birth||September 1, 1995 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||Seoul, South Korea|
|Hometown||Seoul, South Korea|
|College/University||Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor's in Theatre & Film People Entertainment - Kim Min-ha|
|Hobbies||Doing Tai Chi, Playing with Lego|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||She has an elder sister.
|Film Genre(s)||Action, Fantasy, Psychological Fiction, Dream|
|Filmmaker(s)||Quentin Tarantino, Darren Aronofsky|
|Film(s)||The Big Blue (1988), Beauty and the Beast (1991), Finding Nemo (2003)|
|Film Series||Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kim Min-ha
- Kim Min-ha is a South Korean actress and model. She gained popularity for her portrayal of ‘Kim Sunja’ in the American drama series ‘Panchiko’ (2022).
- While growing up, Kim was a shy person. According to her, each time she had to give a presentation, she used to shiver and sweat. However, when she performed on stage (singing), she got different feelings. She felt excited when she sang.
- When Kim was in elementary school, she desired to become a voice actor, which later pushed her to pursue a degree in film and theater.
- According to her, her parents wanted her to become an English professor at a university. They did not agree for her to become an actress. After one year of persuading her parents, they relented to her wish, and she enrolled at Hanyang University for a theater and film degree.
- As her parents were against her going into performing arts, she went to a music academy and a voice acting academy without her parent’s knowledge.
- Because her parents wanted her to become an English professor, they taught her English since childhood; her parents made her attend three or four English academies and language training. In an interview, she talked about it and said that it was difficult for her as a child, but she was grateful as it helped her a lot.
- At the age of twenty, she was an understudy, a person who is supposed to replace the lead in case of an emergency, in a play. Before the performance, the lead of the play suffered injuries, which led her to play the lead. In an interview, she discussed her experience and said,
I still remember the catharsis I felt then. I love standing in front of someone so much, emitting energy. Ever since I found out about it, I have dreamed of becoming an actor.”
- When Min-ha was pursuing graduation, she appeared in many short movies and music videos and also worked as a cosmetic or lookbook model.
- In December 2011, she gave a singing performance at the Sandfactory concert, where she sang ‘Best Friend, Right!’ by English singer and songwriter Amy Winehouse.
- After graduation, Min-ha worked as an English teacher for an elementary school. But, she never left acting, as she taught her students how to act in plays. At the same time, she focused on developing herself as an actor by watching plays, musicals, and films and traveling to nearby places for inspiration. She also kept on sharing her profile with people and auditioning for roles.
- During her struggling years as an actor, she turned to meditation. Three months later, she was able to gain full concentration. Meditation helped her clear her mind about different things, which is why she meditated in the morning regularly.
- In 2017, she was seen in the Kdrama ‘School 2017’ (2017), which aired on KBS2. In the drama, she played the supporting role of ‘Yeo Seung-eun,’ a member of Young-gun’s (played by South Korean actress Ha Seung-ri) group; Young-gun, in the series is a school bully, who later becomes a police officer. The superhit drama was the seventh installment of the well-known ‘School’ series that talks about the life and career of high school students and issues faced by them.
- In 2018, Min-ha starred in the Kdrama ‘Partners for Justice’ in which she played ‘Park Mi-young,’ a prosecutor who works in the office of Kang Hyun (played by South Korean actor Park Eun-seok).
- In 2020, she starred in four South Korean films- Main Street, Killer Swell: Our Space, The Call, and Homecoming.
- Min-ha has been featured in the pictorials for Harper’s Bazaar US, W Korea, Cine21, Vogue Korea, and The Hollywood Reporter.
- When describing herself in an interview, Min-ha said that she once wrote a diary, where she compared herself to a mudflat. Mud is neither solid nor liquid; mud is not solid or liquid; it can become solid or can be swept by a tide. Similarly, she is flexible-strong, but she knows not what she’d be in the future.
- According to her, for her character of ‘Sunja’ in ‘Pachinko,’ she explored many sources and her grandmother was one of them. As her grandmother lived in that era, she was the perfect source to know about the time back then. She had a lot of conversations with her grandmother, which helped her a lot.
- She has an English bulldog named Moonk, who has his own Instagram account; she frequently posts pictures of Moonk and his friends on it.