Some Lesser Known Facts About Liza Golden-Bhojwani
- Does Liza Golden-Bhojwani smoke: Not Known
- Does Liza Golden-Bhojwani drink alcohol: Yes
- Born and bred in Texas, Liza relocated to New York, at the age of 17, in order to pursue a career in modeling.
- Being an avid animal lover, Liza says that if she weren’t a model, she would have been a veterinarian.
- Although modeling was the path she longed for, completing her education was always her topmost priority. She self-financed her university education by working not only as a part-time model but also as a waitress at a local restaurant.
- By the time she was 20, she realized that her body wasn’t in synchronization with the ideal measurements expected of a successful model. Hence, she cut her diet to only 500 calories a day, which allowed her to lose 20 lbs (9 kg) in just two weeks.
- However, with such a diet came many adverse effects too, which took a toll on her body. “I was miserable. Full of mood changes. I was constantly on edge and shaky, my face sunk heavily, I had black circles under my eyes,” said the model in an interview.
- Liza decided to reconsider her diet and fitness regime when she fainted while preparing a dinner meal – 20 pieces of steamed edamame – for herself. As a result, she switched to 100% clean, gluten-free, paleo diet and made some changes to her workout schedule. At first, all seemed to go well as she had developed 6-pack abs. However, as months passed by, she began to feel physically and mentally exhausted. As soon as she realized this, she vowed not to follow any diet schedule which would ‘abuse’ her body.
- Naturally, as she began to gain weight, she started losing modeling offers, which she would have easily bagged had she been as skinny as she was a few months prior. Worried about where her career was going, Liza came to India on a “soul-searching” trip in 2016.
- After having settled down in India, Liza now works as a “plus-size” model for various fashion brands and magazines. Though the concept of featuring plus-size models on magazine covers is new to India; globally, the trend has been there for quite some time now.
- She even served as a jury member for the auditions of plus-size models for Lakme Fashion Week 2017.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)