|Real name||Megan Jovon Ruth Pete Marie Claire|
|Profession(s)||Rapper, Singer, Songwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Vibe Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Debut||Single: Like a Stallion (2016)
Web Series: Hottieween(2019)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won Variety's Hitmakers (2019) in the category of Breakthrough Artist
• Won Powerhouse Award (2019) at Billboard Women in Music
• Won BET Award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist (2019)
• Won Soul Train Music Award for Rhythm & Bars Award (2020) for the song "Savage"
• Won People's Choice Awards (2020) in the category of Collaboration Song of the Year
• Won MTV Video Music Award for Best Hip-Hop Video (2020) for the song Savage
• Won American Music Award for Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Song (2020)
|Date of Birth||February 15, 1995 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||San Antonio, Texas|
|School||Pearland High School, Texas|
|College/University||Prairie View A&M University, Texas|
|Educational Qualification||A degree in health-care administration Pitchfork|
|Controversies||• On July 12, 2020, the popular Canadian rapper Tory Lanez was arrested for the charges of carrying a concealed weapon in his vehicle. When police pulled over his car in the Hollywood Hills, they discovered Megan Thee Stallion in the car who claimed that she had injured her foot on broken glass. Later, Megan revealed that she had suffered gunshot wounds and that she had undergone surgery to remove the bullets. In the following month, Megan claimed that Lanez was the person who shot her, quoting,
"I didn't tell the police what happened immediately right there because I didn't want to die."
Lanez denied all the accusations claiming that Megan's team was trying to frame him. Later, Megan also revealed that she had been offered money by Lanez and his team to keep quiet on the issue following the incident. On October 8, 2020, Lanez was charged with shooting Megan Thee Stallion by L.A. County prosecutors. A restraining order was issued against Lanez, according to which Lanez must remain at least 100 yards away from Megan and not contact her.
• In February 2021, Megan's appearance on the cover of Harper's Bazaar magazine stirred a debate on people of color being photographed inaccurately. Apparently, in one of the covers, the American rapper wore a sheer black cape from Chanel accessorized with earrings from Bulgari, while in another she modeled wearing a black top from Saint Laurent with a waist belt and a choker-like neck accessory featuring a flower.
In the Instagram post of Harper's Bazaar magazine, an anonymous user commented,
“Nah this ain’t it – photographer didn’t even know how to capture Megan’s skin correctly.. in any of the pics. Hopefully, he learned a lot from this.”
Another user wrote,
“Yall clearly need a black creative director on set. This is terrible.”
Later, the photographer, Collier Schorr, silenced the haters by posting a tweet that read,
"Did all that talking nonsense and comes out Meg herself discussed each photo and did the edit in “total collaboration” with the photographer."
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends|| Pardison Fontaine (An American rapper and songwriter) Billboard
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Died when Megan was fifteen years old)
Mother- Holly Aleece Thomas (Former American rapper who rapped under the name "Holly-Wood")
|Food||Chocolate, Hershey's with Almonds|
|Film Series||The Chronicles of Narnia (2005)|
|Singer||Rihanna, Pimp C|
|TV Shows||My Hero Academia (2016)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Megan Thee Stallion
- Megan Thee Stallion is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter who is well-known for her songs Big Ole Freak (2018), Hot Girl Summer (2019), and Savage Remix (2020).
- Megan grew up in the South Park neighborhood of Houston. Born to a rapper mother, Megan was inclined towards music from a very young age. Instead of going to daycare, Megan spent her childhood accompanying her mother, Holly Thomas, to recording sessions.
My mom is the first female rapper I’ve ever known. I’m thinking, like, Okay, yeah, this is normal. Everybody’s doing this.”
- Her mother rapped under the name ‘Holly-Wood.’ While recording, Holly thought that Megan was coloring or watching TV, whereas, she was closing paying attention to her mother’s work. In an interview, Megan said,
Really, I was ear to the door, thinking, Yeah, uh-huh, I’ma do that, too.”
- In ninth grade, she was crowned Miss Pearland at Pearland High School, Texas.
- She first captured the attention in 2013 when her freestyle rapping videos went viral on Instagram and YouTube. After Megan rapped at a college party, her friend recommended her to upload freestyle rap videos on YouTube. In an interview, while remembering this incident, she said,
So I did a freestyle to “Sho Nuff” by Tela, 8Ball & MJG, and everybody on campus saw it, and they’re like, “Oh my God. Yeah. This is it.”
- Her journey as a rapper accelerated when a clip of Megan overpowering her male opponents in a cypher, freestyle rap battles, went viral.
- Megan Thee Stallion came into the limelight with the song Stalli Freestyle (2017).
- At the beginning of 2018, Megan Thee Stallion signed with 1501 Certified Entertainment, later, in November 2018, Megan Thee Stallion became the first woman rapper to sign with 300 Entertainment.
- Her big breakthrough came in 2018 with her second extended play ‘Tina Snow,’ featuring the hit song “Big Ole Freak.” The song went on to rank at number 99 on the Billboard Hot 100 giving Megan Thee Stallion her first chart entry.
- On May 17, 2019, her debut commercial mixtape, Fever, was released for which Megan received critical acclamation.
- The mixtape Fever (2019), the extended play Suga (2020), and her debut studio album, Good News (2020) were ranked among the top 10 music albums in the record chart ‘Billboard 200.’
- In 2019, she struck stardom with the party song “Hot Girl Summer,” featuring veterans like Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign. The song earned immense appreciation and 53 million views on YouTube.
- In 2019, she made her acting debut with the horror series ‘Hottieween’ in which she played the role of a private investigator in pursuit of a gang known as the Fuccbois.
- Apart from her chartbuster songs, Megan is also known for her philanthropy. In November 2019, she contributed $15,400 worth of Thanksgiving turkeys and distributed them out to 1,050 households in need at the Houston Food Bank Portwall Pantry.
- Despite the temporary restraining order against the label, she released the extended play Suga on March 6, 2020, featuring the song ‘Savage,’ which went viral on TikTok, when popular user Keara Wilson used it for a dance challenge video.
- In August 2020, Megan Thee Stallion became a Global Brand Ambassador for Revlon, an American multinational cosmetics, skincare, fragrance, and personal care company.
- Although Megan’s career was flourishing, it did not distract her from pursuing a degree in health-care administration. She dreams of establishing assisted-living facilities for the elderly in her hometown. In an interview, she said,
I mean, my grandmother is almost 70, and my great-grandmother was like 87, so just watching her take care of her made me want to create a facility for people who are older to go and have somebody help them with their end-of-life care…I want to give back; this is what I’m gonna do.”
- She adopted “Megan Thee Stallion” as her stage name because she was referred to as a stallion during her teenage days. In the South, girls who are statuesque and genetically blessed are called stallions.
- On February 19, 2021, Megan Thee Stallion revealed her relationship with fellow rapper Pardison Fontaine while streaming live on Instagram. Apparently, she was responding to her fans’ concerns regarding a seemingly heated argument between the two that surfaced on the internet, when she said,
I didn’t like what they were trying to say about Pardi. Cause he is so calm and so sweet. And very, you know … That’s my boo. And I really like him … He is so perfect and he would never do anything to hurt me, just so y’all know.”