Hometown: Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Husband: Sajid Mallik
Age: 49 Years
|Full Name||Shazia Ilmi Mallik|
|Profession||Politician, Former Journalist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms-60 kg
in pounds-132 lbs
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (AAP); November 2012-May 2014
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP); January 2015-present
|Date of Birth||1970|
|Age (as in 2019)||49 years Years|
|Birthplace||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||•St. Mary’s School, Kanpur
•St. Mary’s School, Nainital
|College/University||•St. Bede's College, Shimla
•Jamia Millia Islamia, Aligarh
•University of Wales, Cardiff
•New York Film Academy
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in 16mm Film Production from New York Film Academy|
|Address||E-355, Greater Kailash II, New Delhi 110048|
|Controversies||• In 2013, Shazia's mother, Naushaba Ilmi, alleged her of becoming aggressive to her mother during a family's property dispute. She said- "I am ready to go to jail to escape her torture. But I will continue to fight for justice that she and her elder brother Irshad (Ilmi) are denying to my other children."
• In April 2014, Shazia was seen making controversial remarks on the secularisms of Muslim. She said- “Don’t be much secular. Muslims are too secular and they should become communal. They are not communal and do not vote for themselves. Arvind Kejriwal is ours. Muslims have remained secular for long…have voted for the Congress and helped them win. Don’t be so secular and look at your house this time.”
• Ilmi was seen accepting funds in return of some favours from a reporter in a sting operation, which was carried out on the members of Aam Aadmi Party. However, there was doubt about the authenticity of the video.
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Sajid Mallik (an investment banker and entrepreneur)|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- 1 (Name Not Known)
|Parents||Father-Maulana Ishaq Ilmi (founder of Urdu newspaper, Siyasat Jadid)
Dr. Aijaz Ilmi (spokesperson of BJP), Rashid Ilmi (politician), Irshad Ilmi
Sister- Reshma Ilmi
|Favourite Actor||Ranbir Kapoor|
|Assets/Properties||Movable + Immovable Assets
INR 4.42 crore (as in 2013)
Necklace, Bangles and Rings valued at INR 15 lakh
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 31.79 crore (as in 2013)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shazia Ilmi
- Does Shazia Ilmi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shazia Ilmi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Shazia Ilmi belongs to a middle-class family from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Her family has links with the Indian National Congress.
- Shazia has worked as a journalist and news anchor with Star News. She hosted and produced the prime time news show titled “Desh Videsh.”
- She also hosted a show, “Dr. Kans,” which involved sting operations carried out on doctors that facilitate female foeticide. As a result, medical licenses of such doctors were suspended.
- In 2011, Ilmi produced a film titled “P.O. 418 Siyasat Kanpur” which was screened at the IAWRT film festival. The film was based on the story of the struggle for the survival of an Urdu newspaper.
- During 2011-2012, she was the spokesperson of India Against Corruption movement led by Anna Hazare.
- In 2014, Ilmi contested in the Lok Sabha elections from Ghaziabad Constituency but lost to V. K. Singh.
- On 16th January 2015, Shazia joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- Shazia is the first working woman from her family.