Age: 59 Years
Wife: Menu Lahoti
Hometown: Guna, Madhya Pradesh
|Profession||Civil Servant (Chairman & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Railway Board, Ministry of Railways)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Indian Railway Management Service|
|Positions Held||• Chief Engineer (Construction), Northern Railway, headquartered in New Delhi (February 2005 - November 2009)
• Executive Director Track (Machines), the Indian Railways (November 2009 -February 2015)
• Officer on Special Duty to Member Engineering, Railway Board
• Divisional Railway Manager, Northern Railway, Lucknow (February 2015 - April 2017)
• Chief Bridge Engineer, Northern Railway, headquartered in New Delhi (April 2017 - May 2017)
• Executive Director Civil Engineering (Planning), Ministry of Railways, India, in New Delhi (June 2017 - October 2018)
• Principal Chief Engineer, North Central Railway, Prayagraj (November 2018 - March 2019)
• Chief Administrative Officer (Construction), Northern Railway (March 2019 - July 2021)
• General Manager, Central Railway (July 2021 - December 2022)
• General Manager, Western Railway (additional charge) (February 2022 - December 2022)
• Chairman & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Railway Board, Ministry of Railways (1 January 2023 - Present)
|Date of Birth||20 August 1963 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||59 Years|
|Hometown||Kusmoda, Guna, Madhya Pradesh|
|School||Government Higher Secondary School, Guna, Madhya Pradesh|
|College/University||• Madhav Institute of Technology & Science in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh (1978-1983)
• IIT Roorkee, University of Roorkee, Uttarakhand
|Educational Qualification||• B. E. in Civil Engineering at Madhav Institute of Technology & Science in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh (1978-1983)
• M. E. in Structural Engineering at the IIT Roorkee, University of Roorkee, Uttarakhand LinkedIn – Anil Kumar Lahoti
Note: He has also received training at Strategic Management Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, pursued Executive Leadership Programme at Bocconi School of Management, Milan, Italy, Advanced Leadership and Strategic Management Programme at Carnegie Mellon University, USA. He has travelled to USA, Germany, UK, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Hongkong, Japan, China on various official assignments. Central Railway School Kalyan
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||15 February 1988|
|Wife/Spouse||Menu Lahoti (worked at Daly College, Indore)
|Children||Son-Pravek Lahoti (works as a Product Manager at Zilingo Shopping) (image in Wife/Spouse section)|
|Parents||Father- R. L. Lahoti (deceased)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Salary||As Chairman & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Railway Board, Anil Kumar Lahoti is entitled to Pay Level - 17 as per the 7th CPC, bhaskarassets.com which is Rs. 2,25,000 per month.|
|Assets/Properties||• Agricultural Land in Kusmoda, Guna, Madhya Pradesh: Rs. 32,00,000
• House in Nayapura, Guna, Madhya Pradesh: Rs. 30,00,000
• A plot on Gurudwara Road, Guna, Madhya Pradesh: Rs. 5,71,428
• A building built on the above-mentioned plot: Rs. 8,57,142
• Sigma IV Greater Noida, GautamBuddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh: Rs. 29,91,000
Note: The given estimates of immovable assets are as of 2013 and mention his share in assets owned by his Hindu Undivided Family. It includes the assets owned by his wife. He also derives an annual income of Rs. 1,34,000 (approx.) from his property. Indian Railway
Some Lesser Known Facts Anil Kumar Lahoti
- Anil Kumar Lahoti is an IRMS (Indian Railway Management Service) officer who became the Chairman & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Railway Board, Ministry of Railways on 1 January 2023.
- After completing his B. E., he cleared the IES Exam in 1984, opting for the Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE), a government service for civil engineers.
- From 1988 to 2001, he worked in various capacities in Nagpur, Jabalpur (now on West Central Railway), Bhusaval divisions, and
Central Railway headquarters.
- He played a key role in the development of New Delhi station, including the commercial development of land and air space and the development of the Public Private Partnership model. He also planned and constructed a new directional terminal in Delhi in Anand Vihar and developed the iconic second entry to New Delhi station, which helped to decongest the crowd.
- As a Chief Administrative Officer (Construction) and Chief Engineer (Construction), he executed several infrastructural projects of new lines, doubling, yard remodelling, and bridges.
- While serving as Divisional Railway Manager ( Lucknow), Northern Railway, Lahoti took several initiatives to improve freight movement on the Lucknow-Varanasi-DDU route as an alternative to the overcrowded Ghaziabad-Prayagraj-DDU route.
- He made massive improvements while serving in the Central Railway by executing and commissioning infrastructure projects and launching the long-awaited 5th and 6th lines between Diva and Thane in Mumbai. He also resolved the vexed issue of the expansion of air-conditioned sub-urban services in Mumbai.
- The Ministry of Railways also credits him with achieving the highest-ever freight and parcel traffic in terms of tonnage carried and revenue earned, including running the highest number of Kissan Rails during his stint as GM of Central Railway.