|Full Name||Madhulika Raje Singh Rawat The Hindustan Times|
|Famous for||Being the wife of Bipin Rawat|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||7 February 1963 (Thursday)|
|Age (at the time of death)||58 Years|
|Birthplace||Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh|
|Date of Death||8 December 2021|
|Place of Death||Wellington Army Centre, Coonoor, Tamil Nadu|
|Cremation Date||10 December 2021|
|Cremation Site||Brar Square crematorium at Delhi cantonment
Note: The bodies of Madhulika Rawat and her husband, Bipin Rawat, had been laid side by side on the same pyre.
|Death Cause||Helicopter Crash The Wire|
|Hometown||Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh|
|School||Scindia Kanya Vidyalaya, Moti Mahal Road, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|College/University||Delhi University, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Psychology India TV News|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||14 April 1986
|Parents||Father- Kunwar Mrighendra Singh (Riyasatdar of Sohagpur Riyasat, Shadol, Madhya Pradesh and Congress MLA from Shadol in 1967 and 1972)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Yashwardhan Singh Rawat
|Husband/Spouse||Bipin Rawat (first Chief of Defence Staff of India)
|Children||Daughter(s)- Kritika Rawat and Tarini Rawat
Some Lesser Known Facts About Madhulika Rawat
- Madhulika Rawat was the wife of Bipin Rawat, the former army chief, and the first Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) of India.
- Her family lives in the ancestral residence ‘Rajabagh’ in the Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh as of 2021.
- Earlier, she was appointed as the president of the Army Women Welfare Association (AWWA), and in 2021, she served as the President of the Defence Wives Welfare Association (DWWA). During her tenure, she was involved in various social activities and was working for the welfare of the dependants of the martyred soldiers. She was also associated with various activities for encouraging the wives of the soldiers to pursue courses like tailoring, knitting bag, and making bakery products.
- Madhulika Rawat was often invited as a chief guest at various social events.
- While she was travelling from Delhi to Sulur in the Mi-17 V5 chopper along with her husband Bipin Rawat and eleven other people including Brigadier L.S. Lidder (defence assistant to the CDS), Lieutenant Colonel Harjinder Singh (special officer to the CDS), PSOs Naik Gursewak Singh, Naik Jitendra Kumar, Lieutenant Naik Vivek Kumar, Lieutenant Naik B Sai Teja, and Havildar Satpal, the helicopter crashed near Wellington Army Centre, Coonoor, Tamil Nadu, on 8 December 2021. On the same day, the Indian Air Force, through a tweet, confirmed the death of the 13 people (out of 14) travelling in the helicopter. Out of them (14 persons) only Captain Varun Singh survived.
- The Chhattisgarh minister T. S. Singh Deo, shared his grief on the demise of Madhulika Rawat and Bipin Rawat. He tweeted,
Madhulika ji, wife of Late Gen Bipin Rawat was a close family associate. She was the daughter of Late Shri Mrigendra Singh ji of Suhagpur (MP) and used to visit us often in Bhopal. My heart goes out to their families. May they find strength to deal with this unimaginable loss.”