Anirban Lahiri Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Active tour(s)||• Asian Tour
• PGA Tour
|Former tour(s)||• European Tour
• Professional Golf Tour of India
|Highest ranking||33 (29 March 2015)|
|European Tour||2 Wins|
|Asian Tour||7 Wins (Tied 9th all time)|
|Best Results in Masters Tournament||T42: 2016|
|Best Results in PGA Championship||T5: 2015|
|U.S. Open||CUT: 2015, 2016, 2019|
|The Open Championship||T30: 2015|
|Awards and Achievements||2009: Professional Golf Tour of India in Order of Merit winner
2015: Asian Tour in Order of Merit
|Medal||2006: In Asian Games, he won the Silver medal (second place) in Doha Men's team.|
|Date of Birth||29 June 1987 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification||He did Bachelors in Commerce Banglore Mirror|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian Asian Tour|
|Address||Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, U.S.|
|Hobbies||Listening to music and Computer gaming|
|Relationships & More|
|Affair/Girlfriend||He was in a relationship with Ipsa Jamwal before getting married to her in 2014.
|Marriage Date||31 May 2014
|Parents||Father- Dr. Tushar Lahiri ( a doctor in the armed forces who was also a recreational golfer)
Mother- Navanita Lahiri (an English professor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anirban Lahiri
- Anirban Lahiri is a renowned Indian professional golfer who plays on the Asian Tour and PGA Tour (professional golf tours).
- In 2007, Lahiri turned into a professional golfer from India, and in the first year of his joining, in 2008, on the Asian Tour Order of Merit, he stood at 111th position, globally.
- In 2009, Lahiri won eleven events and the Order of Merit while playing on the Professional Golf Tour in India.
- Lahiri played and won the Panasonic Open in 2011, and the SAIL-SBI Open in 2012 in Delhi, India. In 2014, at the Asian Tour – CIMB Niaga Indonesian Masters, he finished his best on the maiden Order of Merit. In 2013, he finished third on the Order of Merit at the Venetian Macau Open.
- In 2012, during the Open Championship at the Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club in Lancashire, Lahiri got qualified for his major tournament. During this tournament, at the playground, he made the cut (68-72) with a hole-in-one at the par-39th hole in the third round. Reportedly, Lahiri made it the most memorable point of his golf career.
- In 2014, Anirban Lahiri was awarded the Arjuna Award for his excellent performance in golf by the president of India, and he became the eighth Indian golfer to receive this award.
- In March 2014, in the Official World Golf Ranking, Anirban stood among the top 100 golfers, globally, for the first time, following two victories on the Asian Tour.
- In February 2015, on the European Tour at the Maybank Malaysian Open, Malaysia, Anirban won the title of the game by defeating his opponent Bernd Wiesberger. Around the same month, Anirban won his second title by defeating his opponent Shiv Chawrasia in the European Tour at the Hero Indian Open in India.
- In 2015, Lahiri got qualified for the Masters’ Tournament after his two victories in the Maybank Malaysian Open and the Hero Indian Open. Consequently, he was ranked in the top 50 of the Official World Golf Ranking. With these victories and golf ranking, he was labelled as a “rookie to watch” and the “new face of Indian golf” globally. After the renowned Indian golfers, Jeev Milkha Singh and Arjun Atwal, Lahiri was the third Indian golfer who set to play in the Masters’ championships. Tribune India
- In August 2015, Lahiri set a new record at the PGA Championship which took place at Whistling Straits by posting rounds of 70-67-70-68 for a score of −13, and he became the first Indian golfer in a major by placing himself in the fifth position in this tournament. This position ranked him 38th in the world golf ranking. In the same month, Lahiri won the PGA of America’s pre-tournament long-drive match and, in a major in all the four rounds, Lahiri became the first Indian golfer who shooted sub-par scores.
- In 2015, in the Presidents Cup squad, Lahiri was listed as the first Indian golf player to earn the honour to play in this squad. At the same time, he got qualified for the PGA Tour in Web.com Tour Finals. Later, he was regarded as the highest-ranked player to play in the finals of the four-event tournament. However, Lahiri played in the first two events only and earned a PGA Tour card.
- In 2016, Lahiri got qualified for the Olympic Golf Course in Rio de Janeiro in the field of 60 golf players from all around the world.
- Anirban Lahiri while playing golf in the third round of the 2016 Waste Management Phoenix Open.
- In 2017, at the CIMB Classic professional golf tournament, Lahiri played for the first time in this event. Around the same year, in the 2017 Memorial Tournament, he achieved his best in the PGA Tour finish of T-2 and named himself in the 2017 Presidents Cup team. During the same year, in the FedEx Cup, he stood at the 51st position in the 2017 PGA Tour season.
- In the 2017 US Open, everyone was expecting that Lahiri would go for the Sectional qualifiers for US Open but he revealed,
I’m not qualifying. I pulled out of that about a week ago.
- In 2017, in an interview, he said that he was joining the meditation classes to keep himself calm and stress-free due to disqualification from the US Open championship. He further added that to keep himself mentally stable in difficult circumstances whether it was sports or home relationships, meditation kept him stable. He narrated,
If you’re in a better place mentally overall, it will translate into everything. Whether it’s work or sport or home or relationships, whatever it is. I mean, if you’re a happy person, or if you’re in a place where you’re at peace, it translates into everything.”
- In 2018, Lahiri shot his lowest round a 61 at the 2018 PGA Tour season, a Military Tribute at The Greenbrier, United States.
- At the age of twelve, Lahiri played his first junior golf event at Royal Calcutta Golf Club, India.
- In 2018, his best score was at the CJ Cup with a T-5.
- In 2019, Lahiri lost his PGA Tour card while struggling in the 2019 season and finished outside the top 125 of the FedEx Cup.
- In 2019, Anirban Lahiri spoke passionately about the cause of rural education in India, and why it is so important to educate each child in India. He stated the reasons why he supported the Ishavidya foundation in India.
International golfer Anirban Lahiri speaks passionately about the cause of rural education, why it is so important, and why he supports @ishavidhya. @anirbangolf pic.twitter.com/ny3iutBW1O
— Isha Foundation (@ishafoundation) November 23, 2019
- In 2020, by playing the Korn Ferry Tour Finals, Lahiri received his PGA Tour card back for the same season and earned the tenth overall ranking.
- In the 2020 PGA Tour, Lahiri stuck in India amid pandemic lockdown, and he played less than 15 events finished 219th in the FedEx Cup standings as he was not able to travel back to the United States.
- Lahiri belongs to Banglore in India. He is of Bengali descent. In addition to English, he speaks Bengali and Punjabi too. In an interview, he revealed,
I’m really proud of the fact that I’m a more national Indian, so to speak—I’m equally comfortable with different languages, cultures, foods. I think that’s one of the aspects of being an army kid. It is one thing that is common among almost every army brat. It’s almost like we are a culture of our own.”
- At the age of eight, Lahiri learned to play golf from his father, Dr Tushar Lahiri, a recreational golfer. Anirban remembered his childhood days and said in an interview,
I would just go out there and I would go pick up golf balls for him, and we would go chip, putt for 15 minutes because it was getting dark. That’s how it all started.”
- In an interview, Lahiri revealed the movies he liked. He said,
The most movies I get to watch is on a plane. But I love watching comedy on YouTube. I am a bigger fan of The Viral Fever than All India Bakchod.”
He further added the type of music he liked. He revealed,
When it comes to music, I like Tiesto and Armin van Buuren. I grew up listening to Linkin Park and admired I grew up listening to Linkin Park and admired Mike Shinoda for his work in Fort Minor. I did listen to Eminem and 50 Cent too.”
He revealed his favourite Television series,
I watch TV series on and off. Like the millions and millions out there, I got hooked to Game of Thrones. My favourite character has to be Tyrion Lannister, portrayed by Peter Dinklage. A favourite actor would be Anthony Hopkins. My favourite movie is Shawshank Redemption.”
- According to Anirban, his favourite golfer is Tiger Woods. In an interview, he said,
Tiger Woods, because I was born in that generation.”
- In an interview, Lahiri narrated his personal relations and explained his romantic side and how he met his wife, Ipsa Jamwal. He said that Ipsa quit her job after getting married to him, and she started managing his personal and professional affairs. He narrated,
I met my wife Ipsa through Daksh, my best friend from school. They were in college together. Part of the friends’ circle. She used to work for Wipro on Sarjapur Road. She quit Wipro and now takes care of me and my affairs. There’s a lot of work. Part managing me and travel. Most of my close friends happen to be golfers.”
- In an interview, Lahiri revealed his passion for video games. He said that in childhood, he had a collection of stamps and video games. He further added that he decided not to get a PlayStation and narrated the reason for the same. He spelt out,
When I was a kid, I would run off to play football or cricket every opportunity I got. I was not someone to play with a GI Joe. There was a phase where I collected stamps and did a bit of video gaming like other kids. I decided not to get a PlayStation because I would either not have the time, or I would play and waste my time.”
- In 2020, amid lockdown, Lahiri said in an interview that he was spending time with his parents in Banglore, India. He further added that he was running, doing yoga and work out to keep himself fit. He revealed,
This (lockdown) gives me time to destress and reassess what I need to do. I have not spent much time with my parents in a long, long time. Three weeks is a good amount of time to work on my fitness. I have been running and doing yoga and working out best as I can.”
- In 2020, for the needy and poor people in India who were worst hit during the lockdown amid the covid-19 pandemic, Lahiri donated Rs. 700, 000 towards the Prime Minister’s CARES Fund. In an interview, he said that he wanted to help and assist the millions who lived on daily wages and during the lockdown in India, they were out of work. India Tv News
- According to Lahiri, a perfect diet is a must to a player as playing on the field sometimes stresses an athlete. In an interview, Lahiri revealed his favourite dish to relieve stress arouse amid playing. He said,
For me, a happy food would be Rasgullas. Casein is the protein in it and it is a slow-release protein. The only request was to keep it to 3 Rasgullas and squeeze the excess sugar out. Best consumed at night, it helps preserve muscle breakdown and speeds up healing during the night due to the casein content.”
- In June 2021, Lahiri was chosen as the sole male golfer from India for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. In an interview, in June 2021, he was exclaimed with joy and said that he was really blessed and fortunate on hearing his selection in the Tokyo Olympics that he was not expecting. He declared,
I’m feeling really blessed and fortunate right now. I was obviously not expecting it. I had no clue or information about what was going on with the withdrawals. So, I literally found out about a few minutes before I speak to you. Like I said because it was not expected. I’m just beginning to realise and plan for it as to what I’m going to do over the next month.”
- Anirban Lahiri’s first Indian Golf Union win was at Chandigarh. Lahiri posted a picture that was 16 years old on his social media account.
- Lahiri adores cooking. He has his personal video channel ‘Cooking With Lahiri’s.’ He often shares recipes on how to cook while cooking himself on the show.
Bored of oatmeal yet?! Here’s Ep 5 of #CookingWithTheLahiris with Masala Oats. A simple Indian spin on boring Oatmeal that will spice up your breakfast from the get go. Check it out!! #breakfastofchampions #vegan #vegetarian #currypower pic.twitter.com/J7g3EFXdWO
— Anirban Lahiri (@anirbangolf) May 7, 2020
- Lahiri is good at interpersonal relationships and bonding. He is respectful towards all people around him, even his rivals. However, patience and calmness were yet to be figured out in this list. He revealed in an interview,
I would get angry and even throw clubs at times, but that was in the past.”
- Reportedly, Lahiri had pursued squash for a few years before taking up the golf seriously.
- According to Lahiri, he has improved his performance in golf in the past years due to regular Vipassana meditation practice.
|↑4||India Tv News|