|Real name/Full name||Safyaan Mohammed Sharif|
|Known for||Being a Scottish cricket player|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet & inches- 6’1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|International Debut||ODI- 29 June 2011 vs Netherlands
T20- 13 March 2012 vs Kenya
|Jersey Number||ODI: # 50 (Scotland)
|National Team||Scotland (2011–present)|
|Domestic/State Team||2018: Derbyshire
|Bowling Style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Records (main ones)||T20I
• 2012-2022: Ranked 41st; Most wickets in career (63)
• 2012-2022: Worst career economy rate (8.21)
• Scotland vs Zimbabwe played at Edinburgh on 15 September 2021 (Bowling: Fastest career wickets in his 43rd match)
• Most wickets in a series (37) during the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup League 2, 2019-2023
Note: Records are till 2023.
|Career Statistics (till 2023)||• One Day International (ODI)
He played 71 matches and scored 526 runs with a batting average of 20.23. His top score was 40. He bowled 3,375 bowls and took 100 wickets. His bowling average is 29.70. His best bowling score is Best bowling 5/33. He took 19 catches.
• Twenty20 International (T20I)
He played 57 matches and scored 165 runs with a batting average of 13.75. His top score was 26. He bowled 1,165 bowls and took 63 wickets. His bowling average is 25.33. His best bowling score is Best bowling 4/94. He took 11 catches.
• First-class cricket (FC)
He played 9 matches and scored 229 runs with a batting average of 28.62. His top score was 60 and scored one half century. He bowled 1,213 bowls and took 18 wickets. His bowling average is 30.40. His best bowling score is Best bowling 4/24. He took 5 catches.
• List A cricket (LA)
He played 93 matches and scored 677 runs with a batting average of 17.81. His top score was 40 and scored one half century. He bowled 4,331 bowls and took 122 wickets. His bowling average is 36.33. His best bowling score is Best bowling 5/33. He took 20 catches.
|Date of Birth||24 May 1991 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Huddersfield, Yorkshire, England|
|Hometown||Huddersfield, Yorkshire, England|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Sharif's Instagram Post|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||7 August 2015|
Note: Image in children section.
|Children||Son- Subhan Mohammad (b. 2017)
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Sulmaan Sharif
Sister- Sabah Sharif
|Cricketers First Sportz||Dale Steyn, Brett Lee, Wasim Akram, and Waqar Younis|
|Cars Collection||Audi A7
|Bike Collection||Honda CBR 1000RR
Some Lesser Known Facts About Safyaan Sharif
- Safyaan Mohammed Sharif is a professional Scottish cricket player. He bowls with his right arm at a medium-fast speed and bats with his right hand. He started playing for the Scottish national team in June 2011.
- In June 2011, Safyaan Sharif played his first cricket match for Scotland in a One Day International (ODI) against the Netherlands during the 2011-13 Intercontinental Cup One-Day competition. During the match, he took 4 wickets for 27 runs. In July 2011, he played two more ODIs in a series involving Ireland and Sri Lanka. Both matches were held at The Grange in Edinburgh.
- In September 2011, Safyaan Sharif made his first-class debut in a match against Namibia in the 2011-13 ICC Intercontinental Cup at the Wanderers Cricket Ground in Windhoek. Thereafter, he played in two List A matches against Namibia as part of the ICC Intercontinental Cup One-Day competition. During the tour, Safyaan Sharif also participated in four Twenty20 matches against the host team. In those matches, he took 8 wickets with an average of 10.37 runs per wicket, and his best performance was 3 wickets for 29 runs.
- Once, in a media interview, Safyaan Sharif recalled his childhood memories and mentioned that his father was an exceptional cricket player. He said that he was fond of playing football, cricket, and basketball. He narrated that he started playing cricket at the age of thirteen. Safyaan Sharif said,
But cricket stood out because my dad played cricket and was a good cricketer himself. I didn’t really know, however, that I would become a professional cricketer. It was however, during one moment when I was about 13-14 where I realized this is something I can try doing and become a good player one day.”
- Safyaan Sharif played in the Intercontinental Cup against the United Arab Emirates in February 2012 for the second time in first class. He was chosen to be a member of Scotland’s team for the World Twenty20 Qualifier, which took place after their series against the United Arab Emirates.
- Safyaan Sharif is a fitness enthusiast. He is passionate about maintaining physical fitness. He actively engages himself in many activities to improve his overall health and well-being. Safyaan Sharif often shares pictures of his workout sessions on social media.
- According to Safyaan Sharif, his best performance was when Mark Wood was declared out (LBW), and it secured a win for Scotland against England in a single one-day international match in 2018.
- Safyaan Sharif recorded his first five-wicket haul in One Day Internationals (ODIs) in March 2018 against Zimbabwe in Bulawayo during a match for the Cricket World Cup Qualifier. He was named the player of the match for his outstanding performance after the game finished in a tie. In 8.4 overs, he grabbed five wickets for 33 runs. Safyaan Sharif was recognised as Scotland’s team’s rising star by the International Cricket Council (ICC) following the Cricket World Cup Qualifier event.
- The English team Derbyshire County Cricket Club signed Safyaan Sharif in May 2018 to participate in the 2018 Royal London One-Day Cup and 2018 T20 Blast competitions.
- In his leisure time, Safyaan Sharif likes travelling to distant places.
- Safyaan Sharif was chosen to represent Scotland in the 2019 ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier match in the United Arab Emirates in September 2019. With thirteen dismissals in seven games, he led Scotland in the tournament.
- In June 2019, Safyaan Sharif was chosen to represent the Edmonton Royals franchise team in the 2019 Global T20 Canada competition.
- Once, in a media conversation, Safyaan Sharif described himself as a family man who loved to spend time with his family when not on the cricket ground. He said,
I’m actually very much a family guy. We’re quite tight as a group, so I love spending time with my family. Apart from cricket, I just like to chill with them and go out once in a way, maybe.”
- Safyaan Sharif was selected for the Scotland preliminary team for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup in September 2021.