|Nickname(s)||Ann Facebook - Annmary Tom|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Indulge Express Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Debut||TV (Bengali): Gramer Rani Binapani (2021) on Star Jalsha as Binapani Roychowdhury
|Date of Birth||6 July 1996 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||27 Years|
|School Facebook - Annmary Tom||• Alphonsa English Medium School, Keezhpally, Kerala
• St Claret School, Barrackpore
• Auxilium Convent School, Barasat, Kolkata
|College/University||St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata|
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Computer Science
• Master of Computer Science
|Religion/Religious Views||In an interview, Annmary revealed that her mother, Sumita Tom, is a Bengali, and her father, Tom Mathew, is a Malayali Christian. Further, in the same interview, Annmary said that she follows both cultures, Malayali and Bengali. The Telegraph|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Tom Mathew (teacher at St. Claret School Barrackpore)
Mother- Sumita Tom (teacher)
|Siblings||She is the only child of her parents.|
|Colour(s)||Blue, Black, White|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Annmary Tom
- Annmary Tom is an Indian actress, model, and choreographer who predominantly works in the Bengali entertainment industry. She came into the limelight after appearing in the Star Jalsha television show Gramer Rani Binapani (2021) in which she played the role of Binapani Roychowdhury.
- Annmary was born to a Christian Malayali father and a Bengali mother in Kannur, Kerala.
- Inclined towards dance since childhood, Annmary participated in various cultural functions in her school.
- Trained in Kathak and Bharatanatyam, Annmary started taking dance lessons during her schooling. She also runs a self-titled YouTube channel to share her various dancing videos.
- In 2019, she suffered injuries after an accident, owing to which her doctor advised her to avoid dancing; however, in 2022, Annmary resumed her dance practice after she recovered from her injuries.
- After completing her initial education, Annmary ventured into the modelling industry and worked as a model for various print commercials. In 2020, she worked as a model in a print shoot for Shyam Sundar Co. Jewellers.
- In 2020, Annmary decided to try her career in acting. According to her, during the initial days of her acting career, she was rejected in multiple acting auditions.
- In 2021, Annmary bagged her first television show Gramer Rani Binapani, wherein she played the role of Binapani Roychowdhury. In an interview, Annmary described her experience auditioning for the lead role of Binapani and said,
The audition person told me to come down to Calcutta from Barrackpore, telling me that the character suits me. The audition took hours with the look test; I completed it and left for home. When I was in the car, I got a call saying — ‘Annie, you are selected!’ And believe me, I cried; I didn’t tell my parents right away because I wanted to see their reactions face-to-face. I called up my best friend while continuously crying the entire time… back at home, Papa and Ma were both crying happy tears too. I remember Papa saying, ‘Didn’t I tell you the time will come when you will do what you love, and here it is!’ They were both so happy.”
- According to Annmary, initially, she faced various difficulties in reading the Bengali script of her debut television show Gramer Rani Binapani (2021); Annmary’s second language is Hindi, and she attended an English convent school. Later, her mother gave her Bengali lessons. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
Initially, it was difficult for me to read the scripts in Bengali since I don’t understand Bengali that well. My second language was Hindi, and I have studied in an English medium school. So, I couldn’t study Bengali formally but learned it from Ma, so my knowledge of Bengali is practical rather than theoretical. Ma has always urged me to talk more in Bengali to understand the conversational language, and even more so now. And the entire team is aware that I still have some difficulty in speaking Bengali, but they always encourage and motivate me to overcome that. I was told to read Bengali books, read poems, newspapers and I took the advice.”
- In 2023, she worked in the Bengali-language television show Phaguner Mohona, wherein she played the role of Rumjhum opposite Siddharth Sen.
- Annmary, during an interview, mentioned his parent’s different religions and said she followed both cultures, Malayali and Bengali. She described,
Courtesy Ma, I have experienced and lived the Bengali way of life and culture, and the Malayalee culture and way of life with Papa. He has lived here in Calcutta for many years now. He talks very sweetly in Bengali and addresses everyone as ‘tumi’. Ma has taught me to say ‘apni’ to the elders. My Dida and Mama have also familiarised me with the Bengali culture and I have Bengali friends here. But when I go home in Kerala, I am told that I am a Bengali, but when I come back here, my Mama jokes, saying, ‘Tui toh ekhono Keralite e roye geli.’ And then I am like, yes, I am Malayalee, or yes, I am Bengali. Both the cultures are so rich in their ways and alike in some ways. We know how to hold on to our culture with pride and I have both the cultures in my blood.” The Telegraph
- A cat lover, Annmary, has a pet cat named Hazel.
- Annmary is involved with Samaa, A Kolkata-based NGO that works for underprivileged children.