|Real Name||Anupam Roy|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, music composer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 66 kg
in Pounds- 146 lbs
|Body Measurements (Approx.)||- Chest: 39 Inches
- Waist: 31 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||29 March 1982|
|Age (as in 2016)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||St. Paul's Boarding & Day School, Kidderpore, Kolkata
MP Birla Foundation, Behala, Kolkata
|College||Jadavpur University, Kolkata|
|Educational Qualifications||B.Tech in Electronics & Communication|
|Debut||Music Direction (Bengali Film): Autograph (2010)
Music Direction (Bollywood/Hindi):Piku (2015)
Singing: Bneche Thakaar Gaan from the movie Autograph
Album: Durbine Chokh Rakhbona (Bengali, 2012)
|Family||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Madhurita (Singer)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Watching movies, reading books|
|Favourite Actresses||Manisha Koirala, Winona Ryder, Irene Jacob|
|Favourite Poets||Binoy Majumdar, Aryanil Mukherjee|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Piya Chakraborty (Pursuing PhD in Anthropology)
|Marriage Date||6 December 2015|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anupam Roy
- Does Anupam Roy smoke: Not Known
- Does Anupam Roy drink alcohol: Not Known
- Roy’s tryst with music began at a very young age. His mother, Madhurita, a trained classical singer, taught him the basics of singing and also gave him lessons in playing the Tabla.
- While still in school, he started writing songs and poems in Bangla language.
- Roy excelled at academics; he was the gold medalist of his Engineering batch (2004) at the Jadavpur University, Kolkata. As a result, there were a lot of job offers for him from many reputed companies. Roy chose Texas Instruments India, an electronics components manufacturing company in Bangalore, and began working there as an analog circuit design engineer.
- Although Roy was doing well professionally, the artist in him was looking to pursue the long forgotten dream of becoming a singer/composer. Hence, Roy, after working for 7 years at the aforesaid company, started looking for means to fulfill his dream.
- His breakthrough came with the Bengali movie Autograph (2010), wherein two of Roy’s compositions were included.
- At one point of time, Roy was composing music for as many as 8 movies.