|Real Name||Manisha Koirala|
|Profession||Film Actress, Social Activist|
|Famous For||1942: A Love Story (1994)
Agni Sakshi (1996)
Gupt (1997) and Mann (1999)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 63 kg
in Pounds- 139 lbs
|Hair Colour||Black and Brown|
|Date of Birth||16 August 1970|
|Age (as in 2017)||47 Years|
|Birth Place||Kathmandu, Nepal
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Nationality||Nepalese and Indian
|School||VKM, Varanasi (Till Class X)
Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi
|College||New York University|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in Film Making|
|Debut||Bollywood- Saudagar (1991)
Nepali Film- Pheri Bhetaula (1989)
|Family||Father- Prakash Koirala (Former Nepalese politician)
Mother- Sushma Koirala
Brother- Siddharth Koirala (Bollywood Actor)
|Ethnicity||Nepalese and Indian|
|Favourite Movies||'Masoom', 'One flew over the cuckoo's nest', 'An Officer and a Gentleman' 'Kagaz Ke Phool'|
|Favourite Director||Mani Ratnam|
|Favourite Actor||Kamal Haasan|
|Favourite Books||Fyodr Dostoevsky's 'The Idiot', John Irwing's 'The world according to Garp' and Erica Jong's 'Fear of fifty'|
|Favourite Ghazal Artists||Begum Akhtar and Mehdi Hassan|
|Favourite Drinks||Water, Fresh Lime Soda and Strawberry Champagne|
|Favourite Comic Books||Tintin and Archie|
|Favourite Actresses||Ingrid Bergman, Meryl Streep and Whoopi Goldberg|
|Favourite Perfumes||Private Collection and Skate|
|Favourite Destination||Kashmir and London|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Vivek Mushran (Bollywood Actor)
Crispin Conroy (Australian Ambassador for Nepal)
Sandeep Chowta (Bollywood Music Director)
Nana Patekar (Famous Bollywood Actor)
DJ Whosane (DJ)
Cecil Anthony (Nigerian Businessman)
Aryan Vaid (Indian model and actor)
Prashant Chaudhari (Restaurateur)
Akshay (Bollywood Actor)
Christopher Dorris (A sports counselor, author and entrepreneur)
|Husband/Spouse||Samrat Dahal (2010–2012) (American Businessman)
|Net Worth||INR 80 Crore (approx.)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manisha Koirala
- Does Manisha Koirala smoke?: No (Used to smoke; however she quit smoking after being diagnosed with ovarian cancer.)
- Does Manisha Koirala drink alcohol?: Yes
- Manisha Koirala is the grand-daughter of former Nepalese Prime Minister, Bishweshwar Prasad Koirala. However, she did not use her family status as a launch pad to enter Bollywood.
- Aside from Bollywood, she has worked in Nepali, Tamil, Telugu and Malayala film industry.
- Manisha has mastered the art of Bharatnatyam and Manipuri dances.
- She has won the Filmfare Critics Award thrice for her roles in the movies like Bombay, Akele Hum Akele Tum (both 1995), Khamoshi: The Musical (1996), Dil Se.. (1998), Lajja (2001) and Company (2002).
- She wanted to be a doctor but a modeling incident exposed her to acting.
- Her brother is also a Bollywood actor and they both appeared together in the movie- Anwar.
- In November 2012, Manisha discovered that she has Ovarian Cancer as she felt extremely weak and was admitted to the hospital. After seeing doctors in Nepal, India and the US, she finally went for her surgery to the US.
- Manisha does a lot of social work to support women. She fights against violence against women and trafficking of Nepalese girls.
- In the 90s, the masses considered her as one of the most beautiful Bollywood actresses of that era.
- She had almost lost the role in 1942 a Love Story in the first screen test. However, she was selected for the role when she asked Vidhu Vinod Chopra to take a second screen test, which she passed successfully.
- In an interview, Manisha stated that during her younger days, she had a huge crush on actor Sanjay Dutt.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)