|Profession(s)||American actor, vine star, YouTuber, comedian, social media sensation|
|Famous For||His YouTube comedy vines channel "Anwar Jibawi"|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Vine: 'When sound interrupts your dreams' (2013)
|Awards||• Silver Creator Award (2014)
• Gold Creator Award (2017)
|Date of Birth||9 August 1991 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, Bell , California|
|School||Bell High School|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram|
|Hobbies||• Cooking food
• Writing concepts of vines
• Pro Wrestling
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Dais Salama
Mother- Amal Jibawi
• Anas Jibawi
• Omar Jibawi
• Wisam Jibawi
• Mohamed Jibawi
• Malik Jibawi
|Food||Hummus and Pita bread|
|Actor||Jim Carrey (Canadian-American actor)|
|Dream Destination(s)||Morocco and Egypt|
|Car Collection||RV (American-style Recreational Vehicle)
- Anwar Jibawi is a Palestinian American Internet personality, vine star, actor, YouTuber, and comedian.
- He grew up in a Muslim household in Chicago, Illinois, along with his five brothers.
- Anwar’s parents use to live in Pakistan, they decided to relocate to the United States, looking for new opportunities and a better life for the family.
- In 2013, Anwar basically started his internet career on the Vine Clan. It was then a prime means to socialize and create classic comedy in a matter of 6 seconds.
- His first video was ‘When Sound Interrupts Your Dreams’ and this video went viral. He gained 3.5 million followers from only 227 vines.
- As his career continued on Vine, he was ranked in one of the Top 100 most followed viners (2015). It was just the beginning of what he is today.
- In 2016, he decided to partner up with Shots Studios ( Los Angeles-based media company) to create videos and launched his own self-titled YouTube channel.
- Anwar currently runs the YouTube series Anwar’s Kitchen, in which he features his mother in every video.
- Not only did Anwar launched his own YouTube channel, but he also helped legendary Mike Tyson (American former professional boxer) launch his YouTube page.
- Even Tyson has frequently collaborated with Anwar on each other’s channels. Anwar also featured a very famous legendary wrestler named Ric Flair in one of his videos ‘Best Excuse Ever’. YouTube
- His vine ‘Got to keep the Thot walk strong’ turned into a comic trend, wherein he created a distinctive walk and today millions are mimicking this walk.
- Currently on YouTube Anwar has over 6.47 million subscribers with over 4 billion views in total.
- Not only did Anwar dominated the YouTube space, but he was also been very active on TikTok with over 7 million subscribers.
- Besides being such a successful entertainer, he was also invited by Dolce & Gabbana (an Italian luxury fashion house) to walk in their Milan Men’s Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2018 show.
- Anwar has also done other stuff like directed a music video for Aitana (Spanish singer) and Lele Pons (Venezuelan internet celebrity) remix song of Teléfono, which has reached over 66 million views on YouTube. YouTube
- He appeared in the company’s Amigos comedy series working along with his Shots Studios co-stars Hannah Stocking (American internet personality), Lele Pons, and Rudy Mancuso (American actor). YouTube
- Anwar has also played a role in the movie ‘Keys of Christmas’ (2016) with Rudy Mancuso, Mariah Carey (American singer-songwriter), and DJ Khaled (American DJ). Los Angeles Times
- He has produced sponsored videos working with some of the biggest companies such as Universal Studios, Orlando, and The Walking Dead. YouTube
- In 2018, Anwar also appeared in a video for Brita (a german company) water filters with Basketball star Stephen Curry. YouTube
- He launched a new series, One Star with Anwar, on Instagram’s new IGTV platform. There, he reviewed terrible items found while online shopping. Tubefilter
- Talking about Anwar’s most-watched video ‘Killer Clown’ that video alone has received over 39 million views on YouTube.
- His YouTube videos consistently received millions of views. Similarly, some of his notable and famous videos on YouTube are ‘Perfect Match’, ‘Most Wanted Killer’, ‘Cheating On Your Barber’, and ‘Surprise’.
- In February 2018, he directed a music video for Anitta’s Vai Malandra (Remix) by Alesso and KO: YU. It featured Anwar and his friends dancing to the remix in a farm setting. YouTube
- Anwar’s unique and entertaining personality attracted people from all over the world.
- He also starred in two short comic films ‘Petting Scorpions’ (2017) and ‘Airplane Mode’ (2019).
- His Instagram account recommends that the majority of his time either goes on tours or in shooting vines and videos for YouTube, the available time he gets, he spends with his Vine friends and his brothers.
- He is a foodie. Despite maintaining a healthy body and a strong fitness regimen, he enjoys fast food and carbs such as Pizza. His favourite food is Hummus (Eastern dip, spread, or savoury dish).
- In an interview, he revealed that he was arrested for one day. Anwar also mentioned that it wasn’t him, he got arrested because of his brother, who used to sell illegal fireworks. YouTube
- Moreover, he is also connected with popular stars like Justin Bieber (Canadian singer), Hailey Bieber (American model) and viners like Lele Pons, Inanna Sarkis, Rudy Mancuso, and King Bach (American internet personality).
- Anwar likes to dance, he also likes to discuss pant sagging, racism, and walking around a table. YouTube
- Anwar Jibawi has earned millions of followers throughout all the social media platforms. He has a verified account with 8.2m followers on Instagram, 242.1K followers on Twitter, and 6.2M followers on Facebook.
- He is fond of watching Pro wrestling. Anwar grew up watching it. In an interview, he said, he lost 20 pounds in 24 hours when he was in high school and he has to cut weight for wrestling. YouTube
- Anwar opened a restaurant named Anwar’s Kitchen in Los Angeles. He runs the restaurant along with his mother.
- Anwar Jibawi is a goat lover, and he often shares his love for goats by uploading their pictures on social media.
- He is currently working on projects like Comedy Music along with his friend Rudy Mancuso.
- Anwar is managed by John Shahidi (American businessman) of Shots Studios.
- In an interview, Anwar revealed that starting his career as a content creator, was not easy for him. He talked about his journey and said,
I come from a Muslim background. For me it was hard but I just had to keep creating everyday. There could be moments I could impose because my parents would be so mad at me for doing that. I just kept slowly posting posting and without knowing them”. For me now i am doing YouTube, so I just see my mom so proud of me now. It is such a bless feeling. Now my mum calls me and says why should’nt you post this week, I wanted to laugh”.