|Full Name||Mohammed Arif Lohar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Date of Birth||1 September 1966|
|Age (as in 2017)||51 Years|
|Birth Place||Lala Musa in Gujrat District, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Lala Musa in Gujrat District, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Pakistani Film: Silsila (1987)
TV Show: PTV show- Mehkaar
|Family||Father- Alam Lohar
Mother- Name Not Known
Brothers- Irfan Mahmood Lohar, Imran Mahmood Lohar, Khalid Mahmood Lohar, Basharat Lohar, Faisal Lohar, Arshad Mahmood Lohar, Tariq Lohar
SisterS- 5 (Name Not Known)
|Hobbies||Singing & Travelling|
|Favourite Food||Punjabi Cuisines|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Michael Jackson, Alam Lohar|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son- Ali Lohar
Daughter- Not Known
|Salary (as an event performer)||₹2.5 lacs/event|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arif Lohar
- Does Arif Lohar smoke?: Not Known
- Does Arif Lohar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Arif Lohar originally belongs to a small Pakistani village, Aach Goch in Gujrat District, Punjab, Pakistan.
- He, along with his younger brother, started learning vocal music from his father, Alam Lohar, at a very young age.
- He is the only son, among eight sons of Alam Lohar, who had been carrying his lineage and promoting his traditional values, since after Alam’s death.
- His seven brothers moved to England and had started their livelihood there.
- He reached the apex of fame when he sang ‘Jugni Ji’, along with Pakistani Singer/actress Meesha Shafi at the Coke Studio, Pakistan. The song is considered his most popular song so far.
- He has also played supportive roles in various Pakistani movies such as Silsila (1987), Zindagi, Jugni (2011), and many more.
- The musical rights of his song, ‘Jugni Ji’, were purchased by the famous Bollywood actor and Producer, Saif Ali Khan, for his blockbuster film Cocktail (2012).
- He has sung various famous songs such as ‘Punjab Bolda’, the Title track (Bhaag Milkha Bhaag), Jugni Ji (Cocktail), Alif Allah (Coke Studio Pakistan), and many more.
- Here is the video in which his son, Ali Lohar, is giving his first stage performance and singing his father’s song ‘Katiya Karoo.’
- He has sung around 3000 songs so far and has also given various international performances like in UK, USA, UAE; including the 2004 Asian Games opening ceremony in China.
- He is the only South Asian artist to perform in front the supreme leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-Un, being a part of an international delegation of peace and goodwill.
- In 2004, he also appeared on national television to encourage local and international fundraisers to help the flood victims in Pakistan. He had also performed in various concerts to collect the amount for the help.
- In 2005, he was bestowed with the Pride of Performance Award, by the Government of Pakistan.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography