Caste: Kshatriya (Rajput)
Age: 48 Years
Wife: Seema Sisodia
|Profession(s)||• Former Journalist at Zee News and All India Radio
• Politician (Since 2012)
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (2012-present)
|Political Journey||2012: He became a member of the Political Affairs Committee of Aam Aadmi Party.
2013: He was elected as a Member of the Legislative Assembly in Delhi Assembly election from Patparganj constituency of East Delhi.
2015: He got re-elected in Delhi Assembly election from Patparganj constituency and became the Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi.
2020: He contested the Delhi Assembly Elections from the Patparganj constituency and won by about 3000 votes. He was in a close contest with his nearest rival, the BJP's Ravinder Singh Negi.
|Designations Held||• Member, Political Affairs Committee and National Executive
• MLA, Patparganj, Delhi
• Deputy Chief Minister, Delhi
• Delhi Cabinet Minister- Tourism, Education, Finance, Planning, Land & Building, Vigilance, Services, Women & Child Development and Art, Culture and Languages
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Hair Colour||Grey (Semi-Bald)|
|Date of Birth||5 January 1972|
|Age (as in 2020)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Pilkhuwa, Hapur district Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Pilkhuwa, Hapur district Uttar Pradesh|
|College||Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in Journalism|
|Family||Father- Dharampal Sisodia (Teacher)
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Reading, Playing Chess & Travelling|
|Controversies||• In 2016, CBI registered a preliminary enquiry (PE) against him, as CBI had alleged him for violating rules and regulation during a media campaign ‘Talk to AK,' which was a talk show similar to Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat.'
• In 2016, again he got trapped in a controversy, in which the President of Ghazipur Vegetable Association, Surendra Goswami filed a written complaint against him for threatening few vegetable vendors in Delhi.
• In 2015, a former Resident Editor, A J Philip, of Hindustan times claimed that the PG degree of Sisodia was of a time when he used to teach at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, and he had no information of him, being a student at the college.
|Food||South Indian Cuisines & Punjabi Cuisines|
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Dilip Kumar|
|Singer(s)||Mohammed Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son- Meer Sisodia
|Car Collection||Maruti Suzuki Alto 800|
|Salary (as an MLA of Delhi Assembly)||₹2.1 Lacs/month|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹41 Lacs (as per 2014-15 affidavit)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manish Sisodia
- Does Manish Sisodia drink alcohol?: Yes
- Manish Sisodia originally belongs to the Hapur district of Uttar Pradesh but completed his higher education from New Delhi.
- Before deciding to get into politics, he and Arvind Kejriwal knew each other for 12 years.
- He was also a founder member of an organisation, India Against Corruption, and took active participation in making Anna Hazare’s Janlokpal Aandolan, a successful and gigantic movement of the year 2011.
- After completing his diploma in Journalism, he worked as a journalist in ZEE News and All India Radio for a long duration.
- He had also established a Non-Governmental Organisations, ‘Kabir’ in Delhi to spread awareness among people regarding the right to information Act.
- He is one of the founder members of the Aam Aadmi Party. He, along with Arvind Kejriwal, had also established the Public Cause Research Foundation in the year 2006.
- In 2016, he confronted the limelight, when he, and the famous writer Chetan Bhagat, had an argument on twitter related to Sisodia’s visit to Finland.
- In the year 2015, he got re-elected in Delhi Legislative elections and appointed as the Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi.
- Here is the video of Manish Sisodia, who was invited to an India Today show, Third Degree.
- He also went to the IIM Ahmedabad and discussed the topic of Indian Education with the students.
- Here is the video describing the life of Manish Sisodia.