• Art Director
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Debut||Film (Kannada): Marma (2002) as Pratap
TV (Kannada): Tarrle on Kasturi TV as a host
|Awards||2002: Karnataka State Awards for Best Art Director
2010: 3rd Suvarna Film Awards for Best Art Director
|Date of Birth||23 October 1965 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||57 Years|
|Birthplace||Sagara, Karnataka, India|
|School Arun Sagar - Facebook||St. Mary's High School, Bangalore (now Bengaluru)|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||7 March 1994|
|Wife/Spouse||Meera Arun (founder & art teacher at Vruksha School of Fine Arts, Bengaluru)
|Children||Son- Surya Sagar (boxer)
Daughter- Adithi Sagar (singer)
|Parents||Names not known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arun Sagar
- Arun Sagar is an Indian actor, art director, and comedian who primarily works in the Kannada entertainment industry. In 2022, he came into the limelight after he participated in Big Boss Kannada Season 9, which was aired on Colors Kannada.
- In 1996, Arun Sagar made his film debut with the Kannada film Janumada Jodi in which he played a cameo role.
- Subsequently, Arun Sagar made cameo appearances in various Kannada films like Parva, Chandu (2002), Pournami (2006), Just Maath Maathalli (2010), Benkipatna (2015), and Sanju Weds Geetha (2011).
- In 2022, he appeared in the film RRR in which he played the cameo role of Ramcharan.
- In the ’90s, Arun Sagar made his television debut with the kids show Tarrle. Subsequently, he has participated in various Kannada reality shows like Maja with Surja (2015), Comedy Circle (2015), Bengaluru Benne Dose (2015), and Cookku with Kirikku (2021).
- Apart from being an actor, Arun Sagar is also an art director. He has worked as an art director for various Kannada films like Sri Manjunatha (2001), Dhumm (2002), Mayabazar 2016 (2020), and The Villian (2018).
- In an interview in 2020, Arun Sagar said that he was planning to direct a Bollywood film. He quoted,
You are in too much of a hurry! I haven’t logged in yet. But it is true that there is a plan to enter. A Marathi producer has given the green signal to do my project. I am making a film keeping the subject of Mallakamba. The film is based on real events and there are plans to make it as a historical film. For that I have studied a lot in the last two years. What else is the star finale? After everything is settled, I am going to come in front of the media and say. Kannada asianet
- According to Arun Sagar, he never got a chance to direct films and TV shows in Karnataka. He further shared that a few years ago, he approached a producer with his storyline; however, the producer rejected his project. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
Karnataka has offered me a position as an art director. I am also recognized as an actor. But somehow he never got the chance to become a director. Otherwise I should have become a director in Kannada almost 12 years ago! It had a wrestling subject. I had to show Pailwan for real. I am not used to saying that it is hard work if only the leader’s body is shown along with the garadi house and red soil and he makes hand gestures. So I prepared a story imagining Duniya Vijay as the hero. Rockline told Venkatesh to prepare everything needed for the story. But is he the leader of all wrestlers and the leader of the people? He doubted that the film was becoming a workout. The story did not continue again. I gave up trying.”
- In 2007, Arun Sagar lent his voice to a Kannada song from the film #73, Shaanthi Nivaasa.
- In 2021, he worked as a production designer for the Kannada film Kotigobba 3 (2021).
- Arun Sagar’s daughter, Aditi Sagar, is a playback singer. In 2022, she lent her voice to the Hindi song The Monster from the film KGF2 in which her voice earned accolades. In an interview, Arun Sagar talked about his daughter and son and said,
Daughter Aditi has won Chandanavan Critics Award, Mirchi Music Award as a great singer and has made her proud. Son Surya Sagar has emerged as the winner of a Muay Thai fighting competition held in Thailand.” Kannada asianet