Some Lesser Known Facts About Charlotte
- Does Charlotte smoke: Not Known
- Does Charlotte drink alcohol: Yes
- Charlotte is the daughter of legendary ‘hall of famer’ Ric Flair and his second wife, Elizabeth.
- She was an avid Volleyball player during her younger days, so much so that she holds two NCHSAA 4 A-State championships in the sport.
- She is also a certified personal trainer. In an interview, she said that if not a wrestler, she would have been a health & fitness specialist.
- Although Charlotte made her official WWE debut in 2013, her first appearance came on an episode of WCW, where she was seen accompanying her father, Ric Flair. Notably, she was only 14 then.
- Charlotte’s younger brother, Reid, who was also aspiring to become a ‘big name’ in the industry, was found dead in a hotel room in the year 2013. An autopsy report revealed an accidental overdose of heroin, clonazepam and alprazolam as the death cause. However, even a tragic death like this couldn’t stop the WWE story writers from creating a controversy. During a PPV contract signing event on an episode of RAW in 2015, former WWE superstar Paige mocked Charlotte by saying, “your little baby brother, he didn’t have much fight in him, did he”? Even Ric Flair condemned this act and claimed that WWE did not even ask the family’s permission to include such a line.
- In remembrance of her deceased brother, Charlotte sports a cross on her rib cage that has Reid’s nickname “Reider” written on it. In addition, she even has some lyrics quoted from Guns N’ Roses’ song- Patience.
- The 2016 “Hell in a Cell” PPV match between Charlotte and her former NXT friend Sasha Banks was a milestone match in women’s wrestling history as it was the first ever Women’s Hell in a Cell match. Furthermore, this match was kept as the main event for the night, a move, which, at first, looked quite weird considering how male-dominated a sport professional wrestling has been since its inception.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)