Some Lesser Known Facts About Christina Aguilera
- Does Christina Aguilera smoke?: Yes
- Does Christina Aguilera drink alcohol?: Yes
- Christina moved to different places with her family because of her father’s army service. Aguilera and her mother had accused her father to be abusive and said that Christina used music to vent out her emotions.
- Christina, her mother, along with her sister lived with Aguilera’s grandmother after her parents divorced, and reconciled with her father after 16 years in 2012.
- She dropped out of high school and opted for home-schooling due to excessive bullying in the school.
- Christina Aguilera has a powerful soprano voice ranging four full octaves. Despite being a soprano, she can sing like a contralto and hit thick powerful chest notes with immense emotion and intensity.
- Christina Aguilera has five Grammy Awards and a Latin Grammy Award to her name. She has sold more than 50 million albums, had 17 Grammy nominations and has been one of the most successful artists of the 2000s.
- Aguilera has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- She won a music talent show when she was a part of The Micky Mouse Club, which she joined 2 years after the time she had auditioned because she was too young to join then. Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Ryan Gosling, JC Chasez and Keri Russel were the show too and referred to Christina as “The Diva”.
- She developed an alter ego after watching the movie What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? Her alter ego is of the character Baby Jane, who is in a wheelchair and is supposed to be taken care of by her sister.
- Aguilera has been a motivation for the now pop queen Lady Gaga. Her song “I turn to you” helped Gaga to make her vocals better.
- Her satin underwear that she wore for the 2013 Maxim cover sold for $1500.
- Christina has appeared on the show Beverly Hills in 1999 before she had actually made it big. She has also been the judge on the reality show The Voice.
- She was turned down by Charlie XCX to collaborate for a project saying that she is cool but not the right fact.
- The famous Madonna Kiss where she kissed Britney Spears, was supposed to include Jennifer Lopez, not Aguilera.
- Christina sang national anthem at a lot of sports events when she was a kid.
- She has also lent her voice for the jellyfish Christina in the movie Shark Tale.
- She donated most of her wedding gifts aiding the victims of the hurricane Katrina.
- Christina wants to change her name to Maria Bratman; it’s her middle and her husband’s last name.
- Christina does not hold grudges and forgives the things that happened in the past. Eminem defamed her in the song ”The Real Slim Shady” but Christina does not hold it in vengeance or bitterness and has plans to collaborate.
- Other than being an artist, she is also an inventor. She applied for more than 450 approvals to the US Patent and Trademark Office for her products including lingerie, crayons, ski-wear, handcuffs, ropes etc.
- She mostly writes her own songs and sometimes does the work for some other artists too, like she did for Kelly Clarkson for “Miss Independent”.
- She can’t do without red lipstick. She needs it to perform and says that it helps her get into the character.
- She recorded her first song “All I Wanna Do” with a Japanese singer, Keizo Nakanishi.
- She had a little tiff with Britney Spears because she got all close and personal with her then-boyfriend Justin Timberlake.She thinks women are sexier and better to look at then men.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)