|Full Name||Claudia Roxana Villafañe IMDB|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film: Maradona by Kusturica (2008)
TV: Muñeca brava (1998)
|Date of Birth||January 22, 1962 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||58 Years|
|Birthplace||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Hometown||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Controversies||• In 2015, Claudia denounced Maradona for fraud over $6 million that went missing from his account. During the proceedings, Maradona was not there but he sent a statement saying that he wants his money back and those who have stolen it will pay the price. Claudia's lawyer called a press conference and defended her saying that if there was a case of tax evasion then the person responsible for paying the taxes will be held responsible which was Maradona. NDTVSports
• In 2018, Maradona accused Claudia and her daughters of stealing $4.5 million from his bank accounts and asked the authorities to send them to jail.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||1984-2003 (17 years)|
|Husband||Diego Armando Maradona (Ex-husband)
|Children||Daughters- Dalma Maradona, Gianinna Maradona
|Parents||Father- Roque Nicolás Villafañe
Mother- Ana María Elía
Some Lesser Known Facts About Claudia Villafañe
- Claudia Villafañe is an Argentine actress and businesswoman who is well-known for being the ex-wife of famous Argentina footballer, late Diego Armando Maradona. Diego was known for leading the team of Argentina towards the 1986 football world cup after scoring the infamous ‘Hand of God’ goal.
- Claudia Villafañe lived in Villa Fiorito which is a town on the outskirts of Buenos Aires, Argentina. She met Maradona when she was 17 years old and they both fell in love with each other. In November 1984, they decided to get married and make their relationship official.
- Claudia has two daughters, Dalma Maradona and Gianinna Maradona. Claudia lived in Italy for several years where she used to take care of her family and Maradona’s businesses. Now she is a businesswoman and a producer.
- Claudia Villafañe is well-known for her role as an actress in the television show ‘Muñeca brava’ in 1998. She was also a part of a documentary film – ‘Maradona by Kusturica’ (2008). This documentary was directed by Serbian filmmaker Emir Kusturica as a homage to the legendary footballer, late Diego Armando Maradona.
- In 2003, the couple decided to part their ways after facing several problems. However, their elder daughter, Dalma suggested that they both should stay friends as it will be beneficial for everyone. In 2005, they all traveled to Naples for some festivities and they were also spotted together at the 2006 football world cup.
- In 2005, Maradona and Claudia did a show called ‘La Noche del 10’ for El Trece’s television channel where Maradona tried several times to win Claudia over again. Claudia Villafañe was invited to several other entertainment shows as well such as Sabado Bus, Susana Gimenez, Perfect Escape, and many others.
- Claudia denounced Maradona for fraud over $6 million that went missing his bank accounts. Maradona on the other hand sent a statement to the court saying that he wants his money back and whoever has taken it will have to pay for it. Claudia’s lawyer, Fernando Burlando called a press conference where he defended her saying that Claudia is not responsible for the tax evasion as she was not taking care of the taxes. Later, in 2018, Maradona accused his wife and daughters of stealing $4.5 million from his bank accounts for their personal expenses.
- Claudia is a participant in the MasterChef Celebrity Argentina. The host of the show, Santiago del Moro appeared before the camera at the beginning of an episode to offer his condolences to Claudia on behalf of the crew and all the contestants of the show.