Age: 44 Years
Wife: Vijeta Singh
|Civil Servant (IAS)
|Being one of the most popular IAS officers in India
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
|2011: District Magistrate Bageshwar
2012: Managing Director of Kumaon Mandal Vikas Nigam
2014-2017: District Magistrate Nainital
2017: District Magistrate Haridwar
2019: Kumbh Mela Officer Haridwar
2021: Commissioner of Kumaon
|Date of Birth
|24 September 1977
|Age (as of 2021)
|St. George's College (Mussoorie)
|• Hans Raj College, DU, Delhi, India
• Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
|• BA in History from Hans Raj College, Delhi University
• MA in History from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
• M.Phil. in Ancient History from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
|Singing, Listening to Music, Birdwatching, Reading
|• In January 2018, an attempt to murder case was filed against him for allegedly beating a priest in a closed room. He was also accused of hurting religious sentiments.
• In December 2018, Deepak Rawat was warned by the Supreme Court when a bench led by CJI Ranjan Gogoi ticked him off along with his junior, Roorkee Joint Magistrate Nikita Khandelwal, with a warning not to play with court orders. Reportedly, he had received the Supreme Court's ire for not following the protocol set by the apex court during a demolition drive in Jaurasi Village.
|Relationships & More
|Vijeta Singh (Magistrate)
|Names Not Known
|Camus and Nietzsche
|Salary (as the District Magistrate)
|Pay Scale- ₹15600 – 39100
Grade Pay- ₹6600
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepak Rawat
- Deepak Rawat is an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer who is very popular on various social media platforms for his socio-welfare initiatives.
- In his childhood, he used to collect junks like old wrist watches, empty polish boxes, used toothbrushes, etc. In an interview, he revealed that in his childhood, when he was asked about what he wanted to become in life, he used to reply he would like to become a scrap dealer.
- He was so interested in electronic gadgets in his childhood that once his father had talked about his job at an electronic shop in Mussourie.
- He did his schooling from St. Georges College, Barlowganj in Mussoorie. He is so nostalgic to his school that even today, whenever he gets time, he pays a visit there to cherish his school days memories.
- When he entered in senior secondary classes (11th and 12th), most of the students were passionate to join the Indian Army by giving the NDA Examination or to become engineers. However, Deepak didn’t find himself suitable for both the fields.
- In his childhood, he used to curiously watch the buses of Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussourie; carrying the trainee IAS officers.
- Deepak came to know about the UPSC Examination by Anil Kumar Raturi, a senior IPS Officer from Uttarakhand who also served as the DGP of Uttarakhand. Anil Kumar Raturi has been one of the closest neighbours of Deepak Rawat in Mussourie.
- Deepak didn’t want to take Science in his 12th standard rather he wanted to take admission in humanities, but he was compelled to take science by his parents.
- After passing the 12th class, he moved to Delhi to pursue his higher studies.
- While in Delhi, he got an admission in the Hansraj College of Delhi University, where he became friends with many students from Bihar. As in Bihar, there is a passion to become an IAS officer among its youths, it had helped Deepak to get an amicable environment to prepare for the Civil Services.
- He sincerely started preparing for the UPSC Examination during his Post Graduation in History at the Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- In his youth, Deepak was very passionate to become a journalist. In an interview, he revealed about his love towards the field of media by saying that while he was preparing for the civil services, he had kept journalism as his backup career.
- When he turned 24, his father told him that from then onwards he would not receive any pocket money from the family and suggested him to earn on his own.
- After his post-graduation, he applied for JRF, and after clearing the JRF Examination, he started getting ₹8000/month as a stipend.
- During his college days in Delhi, he met his future wife Vijeta Singh. Later, Vijeta went on to become a senior judiciary officer. She has also served as the Metropolitan Magistrate at Patiala House Court in Delhi.
- He couldn’t get success in his first two attempts of the UPSC Examination. He cleared the examination in his third attempt; however, he couldn’t get into the IAS rather he was selected into the IRS (Revenue Service). He went on to prepare for the IAS, and ultimately, in his final attempt, he was selected into the IAS.
- After becoming an IAS officer, soon, he rose to become a popular IAS officer for his unique and citizen-centric work-style. Many videos of his sudden inspections have become viral on social media.
- He is a bookworm and loves to read books from various genres.
- He is very passionate about music and loves to sing.
- Apart from being an administrative officer, Deepak Rawat has a funny bone, and he often can be spotted cracking a joke or two.
- He loves Cricket and enjoys playing it during his leisure time.
- Here’s an interesting video about Deepak Rawat’s biography: