Some Lesser Known Facts About Denis Cheryshev
- Does Denis Cheryshev smoke?: Not Known
- Does Denis Cheryshev drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His father was himself a professional football player. He grew up learning the sport from his father.
- His father was a famous FC Dynamo Moscow player. When he was 5, his father got an offer from the Spanish club Sporting de Gijon. They then moved to Spain.
- Initially, he was not able to settle in due to the language barrier. So, he joined a Spanish Preparatory School to learn the language.
- At the age of 6, he joined the Sporting Gijon Academy of Football and stayed there until he turned 9.
- Denis followed to his father’s next club, Burgos and joined their Youth Academy in the year 2000.
- After two years at the club in 2002, Real Madrid approached him and he accepted to join the Spanish Giants.
- He joined the club when he was just 12. He stayed at the club for 14 years. Though in the 14 years he just played 2 matches for the senior team. He was loaned to three clubs in his time at the club; Sevilla, Villareal and Valencia.
- Before making his International debut, he had a choice of representing either Spain or Russia; as he had dual citizenship. In an interview, he indicated that he is more of a Spaniard than a Russian. Though, when he was called up for the Russian team, he accepted and made his international debut against the United States in November 2012.
- In 2016, Denis joined Villareal FC on a permanent deal from Madrid, keeping him at the club till 2021.
- Denis represented Russia in the 2018 FIFA World Cup. His fame and fan base leapt high when he netted two goals in the opening game of the World Cup for Russia against Saudi Arabia; earning his team a 5-0 victory.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡