|Profession(s)||Politician and Businessman|
|Known for||Being elected as the Member of Legislative Assembly from Bhadaur constituency of Punjab after defeating the Chief Minister of Punjab Charanjit Singh Channi by a big margin of votes in March 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (2013-present)
|Political Journey||• 2013: Joined the Aam Aadmi Party as a volunteer
• 2022: Elected as a Member of Legislative Assembly from Bhadaur (Barnala) constituency in Punjab
|Date of Birth||Year, 1987|
|Age (as of 2022)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhadaur, Barnala, Punjab|
|Hometown||Bhadaur, Barnala, Punjab|
|Educational Qualification||2014: 12th from Punjab School Education Board My Neta|
|Caste||Scheduled Caste My Neta|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife||Veerpal Kaur (she does stitching work)
|Children||Sons- Abhijot and Armanjot|
|Parents||Father- Darshan Singh (driver)
Mother- Baldev Kaur (sweeper in a government school)
|Assets/Properties My Neta||Movable Assets
Cash: Rs. 1,34,300
Deposits in Banks: Rs. 17,690
Motor Vehicle: Rs. 42,000
Jewellery: Rs. 1,71,500
|Net Worth (approx.) (as of 2022)||Rs. 3,65,490 My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Labh Singh Ugoke
- Labh Singh Ugoke is an Indian politician who was elected as a Member of the Punjab Legislative Assembly from the Bhadaur Vidhan Sabha constituency in March 2022 on the ticket of the Aam Aadmi Party.
- Soon after finishing his school studies, Labh Singh Ugoke took up a diploma course in mobile repairing. After completing the diploma, he started a shop for mobile repairing in his native village Bhadaur. In 2019, the shop was closed by Labh Singh Ugoke due to some personal reasons.
- Labh Singh Ugoke voluntarily joined the Aam Aadmi Party in 2013. After joining the Aam Aadma Party, he was appointed as a member of the Monitoring Committee named ‘DISHA’ of the Aam Aadmi Party in the Barnala district. Later, he was given the additional charge of District President SC Wing in the Barnala district.
- In 2022, in the Punjab assembly elections, Labh Singh Ugoke defeated the Chief Minister of Punjab Charanjit Singh Channi from the Bhadaur constituency. Labh Singh was preceded by Pirmal Singh Dhaula.
- In March 2022, in a conversation with a media house, Labh Singh Ugoke stated that his mother worked as a sweeper in a government college, and his father was a driver.
- Prior to the assembly elections, in the election affidavit, Labh Singh Ugoke mentioned a Hero Honda motorcycle as his property that he bought in 2014. Soon after getting the ticket of the Aam Aadmi Party in the 2022 assembly elections, Labh Singh Ugoke predicted that he would surely defeat Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi. His claim turned true soon after the results of the election in which Labh Singh Ugoke defeated Charanjit Singh Channi by a huge margin of 37,558 votes.
- Labh Singh Ugoke belongs to a humble family of Punjab. In one of his press conferences, Ugoke blamed Charanjit Singh Channi for wearing a mask of a common man. He said,
There are 74 villages in my constituency and I know the problems of every village. For me, Bhadaur is not a ‘halqa’ (constituency) but my family. Channi sahab does not know the names of even 10 villages of Bhadaur seat.”
Amid the elections, Labh Singh Ugoke put allegations on Charanjit Singh Channi that the people of Bhadaur were overlooked by Channi, and he was not aware of the problems of deprived people. Labh Singh Ugoke added that Channi lived a king-size life and could not be regarded as a common man. He stated,
Channi sahab is not an ‘aam aadmi’. Even though he is from a Dalit family, he is living the life of a king.”
- Labh Singh stated in one of his interviews with media houses that Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi was seeking national media attention. He said,
The only difference I saw after Channi jumped into the fray from this seat is that the attention of the national media is towards me for taking on the CM.”
- In the 2022 assembly elections of Punjab, Charanjit Singh Channi was defeated not only in the Bhadaur constituency seat but also the Chamkaur Sahib constituency seat by an AAP candidate, who is an eye surgeon.
- Labh Singh Ugoke remains very active on various social media platforms. He often shares pictures and videos of his political rallies on Facebook. His Facebook page is followed by more than 74k people.
- Reportedly, Labh Singh Ugoke is a father of two children, and he proved to be a quick learner candidate for the Aam Aadmi Party in the assembly election of Punjab in 2022. During the same time, it was claimed by a senior party official of the Aam Aadmi Party that Labh Singh, who lived in a two-room house with his family, would win elections against the Chief Minister of Punjab. The Indian Express