|Real Name||Desmond Coutinho|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 60 kg
in Pounds- 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||Year 1963|
|Age (as in 2017)||54 Years|
|Birth Place||Zanzibar (a semi-autonomous region of Tanzania in East Africa)|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Reading, Writing|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Desmond Coutinho
- Does Desmond Coutinho smoke?: Not Known
- Does Desmond Coutinho drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Desmond is a second generation African travelling with an EU passport.
- He fell in love with Irom Sharmila even without meeting her.
- He first came to know about Irom Sharmila through a book titled “Burning Bright” by Deepti Priya Mehrotra. He was moved by Irom Sharmila’s struggle described in the book.
- He started writing letters to Sharmila and since then, the two have been exchanging letters regularly. Among the things he sent her were a Radha-Krishna painting and a teddy bear.
- In February 2011, he visited Imphal for the first time and finally managed to meet her on 9 March 2011 at a court.
- When The Telegraph (the eastern Indian daily) published an interview with Sharmila in which Sharmila said that she loved Coutinho, it caused a furore in Manipur.
- Desmond sat on a 36-hour fast to be allowed to meet Irom Sharmila. He had to fast for 2 days before the activists relented and allowed him to meet her.
- Desmond insists he is serious about Sharmila. “I am not a writer. I am not an activist. I care about her. And although this seems to annoy activists, I have done more for her with my caring than the moral support they claim to have offered her,” he posted on the website.
- Desmond and Irom are supposed to be getting married soon in the Indian State of Kerala.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)