Naezy (Rapper) Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Religion, Biography & More
|Real Name||Naved Shaikh|
|Famous For||Being portrayed by Ranveer Singh in the film 'Gully Boy' (2019)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|Debut||Singer: "Aafat" (2014)
Bollywood Rapper: Bank Chor (2017)
|Date of Birth||10 August 1993|
|Age (as in 2018)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||A Convent School in Mumbai|
|College/University||Guru Nanak Khalsa College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Address||He resides in the chawl area of Kurla in Mumbai|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Works in Dubai)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Favourite Rapper(s)||Tupac Shakur, Lil Wayne, Sean Paul|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naezy
- Does Naezy smoke?: Not Known
- Does Naezy drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Naezy hails from a lower-middle-class orthodox Muslim family and was brought up in the chawls of Mumbai.
- His family has been residing in the chawl area of Kurla, Mumbai since 1935.
- Since his childhood, he was never interested in studies and due to the absence of his father in the house; who used to work in Dubai, Naezy got into bad company and was once locked up in a police station for many hours.
- While he was recovering from the physical beating and the mental torture in just one night at the police station, he heard the song “Temperature” by Jamaican rapper Sean Paul at a marriage event in his locality, which explored his interest in rap.
- Soon after, he adopted the stage name”Naezy the Baa”, which means “Naezy the crazy” and he started writing and practising rap music by replicating the styles and lyrics of rappers like Lil Wayne and Sean Paul.
- In his college, he, along with his friends, formed a hip-hop group called ‘The Schizophrenics.’
- Once, his father had sent an iPad from Dubai, so he could have a chat with his family in Mumbai via Skype. Naezy used it as a tool to record his first single “Aafat,” and on 7 January 2014, he released it on YouTube, which received more than 3.5 million views.
- Within a year of his first single’s release, he earned a deal with, Only Much Louder, an artist and event management company.
- He gave his live performance in front of over 18,000 fans at the NH7 Weekender festival in Pune.
- His career breakthrough came in 2015 when he collaborated with a fellow rapper, Vivian Fernandes, better known by his stage name “Divine.” The gully boys from different slum areas of Mumbai made their first collaboration as ‘Divine and Naezy’ and released the song “Mere Gully Mein” (In My Streets), which became such a big hit that it was termed as the “Mumbai rap anthem.”
- He is proficient in Urdu, Hindi, English, Marathi and Arabic.
- According to Naezy, the director of the film, Zoya Akhtar, first heard him during the editings of ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ (2015). After hearing his music and story, she decided to make a film based on the lives of Mumbai’s street rappers. In 2019, she made a biographical musical film ‘Gully Boy,’ which was inspired by rappers, including Divine and Naezy.
- To view the biography of Naezy, check out the video below.