Marital Status: Divorced
Age: 36 Years
|Birth name||Dhivyadharshini Neelakandan E Times|
|Full name||Dhivyadharshini “DD” Neelakandan Facebook|
|Nickname||DD E Times|
|Profession(s)||Actress, TV Host|
|Famous for||Hosting the TV shows “Koffee with DD” (2013) and “Anbudan DD” (2017)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film (Malayalam): Shubhayathra (1990)
Film (Tamil): Julie Ganapathi (2003)
TV: Siruvar Nigazhchi (1995)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• “Fashion Icon Of Television” by South Indian Fashion Awards (2019)
• “Dazzling Dynamite of TV” by Galatta Media (2019)
• “Darling of Television” by Gasu Designer Studio (2019)
|Date of Birth||17 February 1985 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Our Lady’s Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Chennai|
|College/University||• Anna Adarsh College, Chennai
• Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai Wikipedia
|Controversies||• The Kiss Controversy: Dhivyadharshini was once criticised on the social media for asking for a kiss from Kamal Haasan in one of the episodes of the TV show “Neengalum Vellalaam Oru Kodi Program." Tamil Glitz
• Suchi Leaks Sex Scandal: Dhivyadharshini became a victim of the famous Suchi Leaks Sex Scandal. The scandal was believed to be the reason of her husband filing for a divorce. The scandal even revealed that DD was addicted to drugs and was a victim of the casting couch. However, Dhivyadharshini did not respond to any of the allegations. Dailyhunt
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||29 June 2014
|Husband/Spouse||Srikanth Ravichandran (m. 2014- div. 2017)
|Parents||Father- K. Neelakandan
Mother- N. Srilatha
|Siblings||Brother- Sudharshan Neelakandan (airline pilot)
Sister- Priyadharshini Kishore Neelakandan (actress and TV host)
|Food||Southeast Asian Cuisine|
|Fashion Designer||Sidney Sladen|
|Song||You Are So Beautiful (To Me) by Westlife|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dhivyadharshini
- Dhivyadharshini Neelakandan is an Indian actress and television host who mostly works in the Tamil film industry.
- She grew up in a middle-class family in Chennai.
- Dhivyadharshini began her career at the age of 10 with the kids quiz show “Siruvar Nigazhchi.”
- Some of the Tamil TV shows that DD has hosted include “Jodi Number One” (2006), “Boys Vs Girls” (2009), “Koffee with DD” (2013), “Achcham Thavir” (2016), “Anbudan DD” (2017), and “Speed Get Set Go!” (2019).
- Neelakandan has featured in many popular Tamil films like “Nala Damayanthi” (2003), “Whistle” (2003), “Power Paandi” (2017), and “Sarvam Thaala Mayam” (2019).
- She has also appeared in the Tamil TV serials “Thadayam” (2003), “Ahalya” (2004), “Selvi” (2005), “Kolangal” (2006), and “Arasi” (2007).
- In 2019, DD was a part of the jury on the dancing TV reality show “Dancing Super Stars” (2019).
- Dhivyadharshini has endorsed brands like Myntra and Cadbury Dairy Milk.
- Apart from acting and hosting, DD has also lent her voice to the following actresses:
- Vega Tamotia for the Tamil film “Saroja” (2008)
- Piaa Bajpai for the Tamil films “Goa” (2010), and “Bale Pandiya” (2010)
- Aparna Bajpai for the Tamil film “Easan” (2010)
- Preethi for the Tamil film “Appa” (2016)
- In her spare time, she loves to travel and do adventure sports.
- She is a pet lover and owns a pet dog.
- Neelakandan is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
- She has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- In 2017, DD topped the list of ‘Chennai Times Most Desirable Woman On Television.’
- Neelakandan has more than 2 million followers on her Instagram account (as of 2021).
- In an interview, DD revealed that she didn’t know to cross the road all by herself.
- During an interview, DD shared that she didn’t know how to ride a scooter or how to drive a car. She can only ride a bicycle.
- Dhivyadharshini does not smoke or drink alcohol. While talking about it in an interview, she said,
- Interestingly, she has never owned a credit card. In an interview, while talking about it, she said,
As a policy, I don’t have a credit card. This, too, has a story… When I had asked my dad about the purpose of using credit cards when I was young, he had said that this is money that doesn’t belong to us.”
- Although she has hosted a number of stage shows and events, still DD has a fear of stage. During an interview, she confessed that she felt like puking sometimes before going to a stage.