Age: 30 Years
Marriage Date: 18 August 2015
|Full Name||Dipika Rebecca Pallikal|
|Profession||Squash Player (Right-handed), Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-36|
|International Debut||Year, 2006|
|Records (main ones)||• In January 2012, she became the first Indian to reach the silver level tournament's final.
• In the same year, she became the first Indian to reach the gold level tournament's semi-final.
• In December 2012, she became the first Indian to break the Official Women's Squash World Top 10 Ranking.
• In 2013, she became the first female squash player to be honoured with the Arjuna Award.
• Won a Silver medal at the 2018 Asian Games in Women's team.
|Awards/Honours/Achievements||2011- Orange County Open
Dread Sports Series
Crocodile Challenge Cup
2013- Arjuna Award
Macau Squash Open
Meadowood Pharmacy Open
2014- Bronze Medal in women’s singles tournament at 2014 Asian Games at Incheon, South Korea
Gold Medal along with partner Joshna Chinappa in women’s doubles tournament at 2014 Commonwealth Games at Glasgow, Scotland
2015- Winnipeg Winter Club Open
|Date of Birth||21 September 1991|
|Age (as of 2021)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Good Shepherd Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Chennai|
|College/University||Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in English Honours|
|Controversies||• In 2012, she sued Axis Bank Limited by filing a complaint against them in the consumer court, Chennai, seeking ₹10 lakh as compensation for the embarrassment she faced during her trip to Rotterdam in 2011. When she swiped her Debit Card at a hotel, it declined a transaction despite having adequate balance in her account. In 2014, she won the case in the consumer court that directed Axis Bank to pay a compensation of ₹5 lakh to her for deficiency in service.
• In 2015, her husband Dinesh Karthik's name was listed on MensXP's listicle on reasons “why attractive women date unattractive men.” When she read this article, she got furious and replied them with a tweet:
• In 2017, she reached the Madras High Court under the 'Arbitration and Conciliation Act' for the appointment of an arbitrator for settlement of a payment dispute regarding a ‘Brand Endorsement Agreement’ with Borg Energy for not paying her ₹10 lakh for their brand endorsement for 2015-16. After winning the case, an arbitral tribunal at the Madras High Court Arbitration Centre awarded a claim of ₹19.48 lakh with 12% interest to her.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Dinesh Karthik (Indian Cricketer)|
|Marriage Date||18 August 2015 (as per Christian Rituals)
20 August 2015 (as per Hindu Rituals)
|Marriage Place||Christian- The Leela Palace hotel in Chennai
Hindu- ITC Grand Chola in Chennai
|Husband/Spouse||Dinesh Karthik (Indian Cricketer)
|Children||On 28 October 2021, Dipika Pallikal and her husband, Dinesh Karthik, took to social media to announce the birth of their twin baby boys.
|Parents||Father- Sanjiv Pallikal
Mother- Susan Itticheria (Former Indian Cricketer)
|Siblings||Brother- Not Known
Sisters- Divya Pallikal, Dia Pallikal
|Brands||Diesel, Gas, Guess, Promod|
- Dipika was born to ‘Malayali Christian’ parents with ‘Syrian’ origin.
- She is the second wife of Indian cricketer ‘Dinesh Karthik.’
- Her mother used to play International cricket for the Indian women’s team and also served the team as captain.
- Dipika dislikes cricket since childhood as she thought cricket overshadows other sports.
- She started playing squash when she was just ten years old.
- When she was in sixth class, she played her first International tournament in London.
- She was also the part of the ‘European Junior Squash Circuit’ that was played among U-19 junior squash players and won several tournaments.
- At the age of 15, she turned into a professional squash player, but she struggled for almost five years to get the better opportunity.
- In 2011, she went to Egypt for improving her skills in the same field, and during that period, she started giving her better performances.
- In the same year, she won the three ‘Women’s International Squash Players Association’ (WISPA) world tour titles. The first one in Irvine CA where she won the Orange County Open, the second in the US, and the third in Hong Kong where she won the Crocodile Challenge Cup.
- She has also represented India at ‘World International Doubles Squash Championships.’
- Dipika Pallikal and Dinesh Karthik first met in 2008 at ‘Chennai Marathon,’ but they became friends in 2013 when they again met in Chennai’s ‘Maverick Gym’ where they got training under the guidance of Mr. Shankar Basu who introduced them. She fell in love with Dinesh when she was in Leeds, England for seven days of physical training and he went there only to met her.
- From 2012 to 2015, she ignored to participate in the ‘National Squash Championship’ because of the inequality in men’s and women’s championship winner prize money as the women awarded only 40% of the men’s winner prize money. In 2016 championships, the prize money was finally equal.
- In 2016, during a ‘Professional Squash Association’ (PSA) world tour event at Cairo, Egypt; Dipika ranked 19 at that time in the list of PSA. She lost the match against Egypt’s ‘Mariam Metwally’ who was ranked 31.
- Apart from being a famous squash player, she is a professional model and has signed a contract with ‘Globus Limited.’
- In the same year, she was selected as the brand ambassador of India’s leading omnichannel jeweler ‘caratlane.com.’
- She is also the brand ambassador of ‘sports365.in’ that sells the sports goods online.
- Her main aim is to win the world championship.