Age: 37 Years
Wife: Sheetal Sharma
Hometown: Gohana, Sonipat
|Nickname||Yogi and Manish Pahalwan|
|Profession(s)||Freestyle Wrestler, Politician|
|Coach/Mentor||Ramphal and Master Satbir Singh|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• Joined the BJP on 26 September 2019
• Contested the 2019 Haryana Assembly Elections from the Baroda seat but lost to Congress’ sitting MLA Kishen Hooda by a margin of nearly 5,000 votes
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 60 kg
in Pounds- 132 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Date of Birth||2 November 1982|
|Age (as in 2019)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhainswal Kalan, Gohana Sonipat district, Haryana|
|Hometown||Bhainswal Kalan, Gohana Sonipat district, Haryana|
|Debut||Indian National Championship (1998)|
|Family||Father- Ram Mehar Dutt
Mother- Sushila Devi
Brother- Mukesh Dutt
|Hobbies||Playing Football and Yoga|
|Controversies||He criticized the selection of Salman Khan as India's goodwill ambassador in the 2016 Rio Olympics and said that "There is no dearth of athletes in our country. There is PT Usha, Sachin Tendulkar, so many who have done us proud. The public, however, loves filmstars and probably it was thought that it would help popularise Olympic sports."|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan and Randeep Hooda|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son- Yogit Yogeshwar Dutt
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yogeshwar Dutt
- Does Yogeshwar Dutt smoke?: No
- Does Yogeshwar Dutt drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Dutt started wrestling at the age of 6 under the guidance of coach Ramphal.
- He considers Balraj Pehlwan as his inspiration.
- His career breakthrough came in 2003, when he won a Gold medal at the Common Wealth Championship.
- He is 3rd ever Indian wrestler after Khashaba Dadasaheb Jadhav and Sushil Kumar to win an Olympic medal.
- In 2006, he lost his father just before his flight to Asian Games in Doha, and even had a knee injury, but despite that he managed to win a bronze medal in the Asian Games at Doha.
- In, 2012 he was honoured with the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award and in 2013, Padma Shri award.
- He does 6 hours of training daily that includes running and gymming.
- He is a DSP in the Haryana Police.
- He is a close friend of wrestler Sushil Kumar since his childhood.
- On 26 September 2019, he entered the politics and joined the Bharatiya Janata Party.