Husband: Dipankar De
Age: 50 Years
Hometown: Kolkata, West Bengal
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Debut||Film: Sajani Go Sajani (Bengali; 1991)
TV: Maa....Tomay Chara Ghum Ashena (Bengali; 2009-2014) as 'Mohini Chatterjee'
|Date of Birth||22 February 1970 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||Jadavpur Girls High School, Kolkata|
|College/University||• Charuchandra College, Kolkata
• The University of Calcutta, Kolkata
|Educational Qualification||• Master of Science from the University of Calcutta
• Bachelor of Science from Charuchandra College, Kolkata
|Hobbies||Cooking, Gardening, Interior Decoration, Writing Travel Stories and Poems, and Feng Shui (Chinese Geomancy)|
|Marriage Date||16 January 2020|
|Children||2 Stepchildren (from Dipankar De's first marriage)|
|Parents||Father- Dilip Roy
Mother- Dipika Roy
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dolon Roy
- Dolon Roy is a popular Bengali actress who works in television and films and is also one of the prominent theatre artists in West Bengal.
- At the tender age of six, she started her career by acting in radio dramas.
- She appeared in popular Bengali films such as Apan Por (1992), Sanghat (1996), Charuulata (2012), Alik Sukh (2013), and Drishtikone (2018).
- For her performance in the Bengali film “Sanghat” (1996), she was honoured with the National Film Award for Special Jury Award/Special Mention (Feature Film) in 1997.
- She also appeared in many well-received Bengali TV shows such as Mon Niye Kachakachi (2015), Byomkesh Bakshi (1993), Stree (2016), Bajlo Tomar Alor Benu (2018), Aloy Bhubon Bhora, and Alo Chhaya (2019).
- Dolon has performed in various group theatre productions with Anil Dey of ‘Natyayan.’
- She has performed in the play ‘Gazi Saheber Kissa’ by Bhibas Chakraborty, with the actors like Soumitra Chatterjee and Gyanesh Mukherjee.
- In 1997, Dolon went to the United States to perform the play ‘Kella Fatey,’ which was directed by Dulal Lahiri.
- On 17 January 2020, the day after her marriage with Dipankar De, De complained of breathlessness and was rushed to a hospital in Salt Lake, Kolkata, where he was moved to the intensive care unit.