Hometown: Patna, Bihar
Profession: Cancer Surgeon
|Famous For||Being one of the most renowned oncologists in India|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 177 cm
in meters- 1.77 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• “The Rising Star Award in Oncology” by Times Healthcare Achievers Delhi/NCR 2018
• “Vidyuat Bhushan Samman” from Akhil Bhartiya Vidyuat Parishad, Kashi
• “Oncologist of the year 2014” Award at Indian Health and wellness awards by Minister of State for Health
|Date of Birth||12th July 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||50 Years|
|College/University||• Patna Medical College (1992) - MBBS
• The Aligarh Muslim University (1995) - General Surgery
• Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute (GCRI)
|Educational Qualification||• MBBS (Hons) Gold Medalist (Patna Medical College)
• Post-graduate in General Surgery
• M.Ch in Oncosurgery (Gold Medalist) (Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute)
• MRCS (Edinburgh-U.K.)
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dr Anshuman Kumar
- With more than 18 years of clinical experience in surgical oncology, he is specialized in Head & neck and oesophagus cancer surgeries.
- Dr Anshuman often attends public programs and delivers lectures on management of cancer globally. He also regularly participates in media debates on problems related to health and medical facilities.
- The renowned cancer surgeon Dr Anshuman Kumar has devoted Thursday of every week to serve the underprivileged people at the Kasna Village in Greater Noida. He does not only treat the patients but also provides them with free medicines. He also educates the patients on how to live a healthy life.
- Dr Anshuman considers the rapidly changing lifestyle of people as the leading cause of cancer. Only 5–10% of all the cases of cancer can be associated with genetic defects, whereas the remaining 90–95% have their sources in the environment and lifestyle. He opines that cancer is a preventable disease, but it requires major lifestyle changes.
- He is vocal about social issues present in society. He speaks about health, environment, education and many other basic social issues. He keeps putting forward his views on different issues of human & environmental concern.
- He always showers his social messages with supporting facts & figures. Here is an interesting video of him delivering a message to the public why saving energy is essential for a green planet-
- In the wake of COVID-19, he has actively spoken about the virus and has guided people about the “dos and don’ts” to stay protected during the outbreak. Amid the rising fear, he has also brought out to the public about the various truths and myth, which are linked with the Covid-19.
- He runs Quit Tobacco campaigns and regularly talks in public about the health hazards associated with the consumption of tobacco. He often takes to the streets to aware people about cancer.
- Being a Cancer specialist, he once posted a video message for a former BJP MP Sharad Tripathi, who claimed “Gau Mutra” (Cow Urine) to be a cure for Cancer. He held people like him accountable for cancer patients falling trap to this hoax, which leads to further delay in their treatment. Here is the video message-