Some Lesser Known Facts About Elena Delle Donne
- Does Elena Delle Donne smoke?: Not Known
- Does Elena Delle Donne drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Elena has been playing Basketball since she was in school and was well recognized, appreciated and awarded by numerous institutions.
- She is very close to her elder sister Lizzie, who is suffering from cerebral palsy and is blind and deaf.
- She started playing basketball because she wanted to be like her brother.
- During the off-seasons, when all the other WNBA players play for other leagues, out of America, Elena spends her time with her sister, taking care of her.
- In 2014, Delle was named the ambassador for Special Olympics. She played along the special Olympians and other NBA and WNBA legends and players. She is the ambassador for Lyme Research Alliance.
- She plans on creating a trust fund called The Elena Delle Donne Charitable Foundation, where she wants to begin initiatives for both the Special Olympics and Lyme disease awareness.
- In August 2016, she announced her engagement with her love interest Amanda Clifton in Vogue’s August edition. She confirmed her sexual orientation with this news.
- She has been lucky with her upbringing, as she said, “I’m going to get my dad a Superman cape, He is so selfless when it comes to his children. He has always made time for me.”
- If not a basketball professional, she would’ve been a special education teacher.
- She has appeared for the Body Issue 2016 by ESPN.
- Elena is a dog lover and has a Great Dane named Wrigley and a Lab mix named Rasta, which is a rescued dog.
- No wonder she has athletic genes; her father played basketball at Columbia and her elder brother, Gene, played soccer at Duke.
- She has a tattoo of two wings withholding her sister’s name Lizzie. “It keeps me grounded, and anytime I’m going through a struggle, it’s a reminder that anything I’m going through is nothing compared to what my sister has been through. It helps me keep my perspective,” she said.
- Elena played volleyball during her freshman year at Delaware (Uni).
- Her fiancee Amanda Clifton is also her business alliance and she is the director of the Delle Donne Academy.
- Donne and Clifton trained together in Delaware and Elena’s mom encouraged Amanda to get in shape.
- She is considered almost the best women basketball player, as the Tusla Shock’s head coach Gary Kloppenburg said, “We haven’t seen a player like her come into our league, I guess the comparison is to Lauren Jackson, but in a way she’s got a greater skill set than even Lauren with her ability to put the ball on the floor.”
- In the year 2006, she had accuracy of 91% and with that conversion rate, she vouched 586 points out of the 646 she attempted while playing at junior level in the US.
- Given a chance to be a Disney princess, she would like to be Mulan or Elsa.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡