|Profession||Comedian, Social Media Personality|
|Famous For||His stand-up acts on patriotism and government in today's India|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.7 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms-85 kg
in pounds-187 lbs
|Debut||YouTube Show: Shut Up Ya Kunal (2017)
|Date of Birth||2 October 1988|
|Age (as in 2018)||30 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|College/University||Jai Hind College, Mumbai (dropped out in the second year)|
|Educational Qualification||12th standard|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (owns a pharmacy)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Favourite Comedian||Douglas Stanhope, Louis CK, Bill Burr, Anuvab Pal, Karunesh Talwar|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kunal Kamra
- Does Kunal Kamra smoke?: Not Known
- Does Gaurav Chaudhary drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Kunal Kamra was born and brought up in Mumbai.
- Kamra left his college when he was pursuing the second year of his degree and joined MTV as an intern. However, he told his parents about quitting his college after 3 years when he was earning a salary of 35000 INR.
- After working as an intern with MTV for around 1 year, he joined Prasoon Pandey’s Corcoise Films as a production assistant. His job duties involved international shoots, producing commercials for popular brands, and conducting high-powered meetings with representatives of big media organizations.
- It was his friend, Siddharth Dudeja, who introduced stand-up comedy to Kamra and suggested him to try it.
- In 2013, when Kunal went to the Blue Frog event to catch up his friend, Karunesh Talwar, who was working as the headliner of the event, Kunal was asked to perform a gig at the stage in order to save the main act which was sinking.
- In the same year, Kunal did his first professional stand Up comedy show at the Canvas Club in Mumbai.
- In 2017, Kamra launched a YouTube podcast “Shut Up Ya Kunal along with his friend Ramit Verma. The show features public guests like Madhukeshwar Desai, the spokesperson of BJP, Jignesh Mevani, Gujarat’s MLA and Dalit activist, and Shehla Rashid, the former JNU student leader.
- His punch line “Siachen mein humaare jawaan lad rahe hain” is very popular on social media.
- Kunal has received immense popularity for his show “Patriotism and the Government” which mocks the government’s need to use nationalism as an answer to every criticism.
- Kamra collaborated with the YouTube channel “East India Comedy” (EIC) and launched a show titled “Kaun Banega Trollpati” which aimed at taking a dig at the right-wing social media trolls. The video was based on the popular game show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ and featured him as a ‘Bhakt Launda’ on the hot seat, opposite the show host The Real Amitji.
- Kunal was residing at the Shivaji Park area of Mumbai but in 2019 his landlady asked him to look for another place as she was not happy with his political involvement in his work. He shared his WhatsApp conversation with his landlady through his facebook handle.
- He is dyslexic which makes it hard for him to read long emails and messages.
- PM Narendra Modi, Arnab Goswami, and the general right-wing mentality are his favourite targets in his videos.
- In January 2019, Kunal was heavily trolled on Twitter and even his phone number was being shared on the social platform which led him to deactivate his Twitter account for a month.
- He claims to have received death threats for his edgy political humour.
- Kamra thinks that politics is amusing. He says-
I am interested in politics because it is amusing. Politics and pop culture are blending right now (in India). Everything is political. In comedy, your premise has to be relatable and your punchline has to be hilarious. Politics fits that bill perfectly.”