Age: 25 Years
Marital Status: Married
|Full Name||Fabian Anthony Allen NDTV Sports|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 1”
|International Debut||ODI- 27 October 2018 against India at Pune
T20- 4 November 2018 against India at Kolkata
Test- Not made yet
|Jersey Number||#97 (West Indies)
|Domestic Team(s)||• Sylhet Thunder (Bangladesh Premier League)
• Sunrisers Hyderabad (IPL)
• St Kitts and Nevis Patriots (Caribbean Premier League)
• Multan Sultans (Pakistan Super League)
• Karnataka Tuskers (Abu Dhabi T10 League)
• Oval Invincibles (The Hundred)
|Batting Style||Slow left-arm orthodox|
|Date of Birth||7 May 1995 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||25 Years|
|School||Vere Technical High School|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian West Indies Players' Association|
|Tattoo(s)||He has multiple tattoos on his body.
|Relationships & More|
|Wife||Amanda Elliott (aka Trisha Lee Elliott)
Daughter- Aaliyah (Born on 10 July 2020)
|Parents||Father- Odain Allen
Mother- Name not known
|Food||Pizza & Chicken|
- Fabian Allen is a Jamaica-based professional cricketer who plays International cricket for West-Indies. He can be defined as a cricketer who is powerful with the bat, clever with the ball, and electric in the field.
- Fabian grew up in Saint Elizabeth, one of the largest parishes located on the Jamaican island. He had to go through a lot of hardships while growing up. While talking about his early life, he said,
I grew up in rough areas. We are tough and can bear pain. Where I live, it’s very tough to play. We used to play cricket on the dirt”
- Fabian started playing cricket at the age of nine. During his school days, in 2012, he made history by scoring 338 runs in a rural schoolboy cricket match, which is the highest ever individual score in Jamaica’s rural schoolboy cricket, beating the previous record of 325 runs made by Shacoya Thomas of Eltham High school. After attaining this record, he was recognised as RJR Communications Group 2012 Schoolboy Cricketer of the Year.
- He rose through the ranks and ended up getting selected in the West Indies squad for the 2014 Under-19 Cricket World Cup at the age of 19.
- In 2016, two years prior to making his international debut, Fabian Allen met with a serious car accident which broke his arm. Doctors said he might not play again; however, Fabian proved his mettle by making a comeback and then rose the ranks to establish himself as an integral player of the West Indies cricket team.
- In October 2018, Fabian was drafted into the West Indies’ limited-overs cricket squad by virtue of his performances in the domestic cricket circuit.
- Less than a year after his debut, Fabian Allen was handed a central contract with the West Indies cricket team in July 2018.
- Fabian has enjoyed success in the domestic tournaments around the world. His strike rate of 165 runs in the T20 format itself tells about his ability with the bat.
- Along with being a decent all-rounder, Fabian Allen is also an electric fielder who has a history of pulling off incredible catches. Moreover, the first time he gathered attention was because of his fielding effort in a match of CPL 2017, where he took a blinding one-handed catch while diving towards his left at the edge of the boundary. The catch also earned him a top spot on ESPN Sportscenter’s Top 10 Plays. Here is a video clip of the catch.
- Fabian was ruled out of the CPL 2020 after he missed the charter flight to Trinidad, where the tournament was to take place. Due to the COVID-19 restriction, the flight was the only way Fabian could have reached Trinidad.
- On 18 February 2020, Fabian Allen was bought by the Punjab Kings (previously Kings XI Punjab) ahead of IPL 2021.