Profession: Luxury & Lifestyle Consultant
Wife: Pratima Bhatia
Age: 44 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gaurav Bhatia
- Gaurav was named in the Power List of the Luxury industries, Gaurav has served on numerous industries and not-for-profit boards including the Confederation of Indian Industry for Art and Culture.
- As part of the first generation of luxury marketers in India, Gaurav has worked as an opinion leader and has contributed across media including The New York Times, International Herald Tribune, CNN, Mint, Economic Times, Times of India, The Hindu, Forbes, Vogue, Architectural Digest and others. He also delivers lectures on how to build luxury brands and the art of collecting.
- Gaurav has been on India’s list of Cultural Evangelists and has been the city’s best ambassador. (As per Time Out Mumbai).
- He has hosted artists, designers, literati, and international VIPs at his home, which has been
featured in ‘Architectural Digest.’
- Gaurav collects contemporary art, furniture, and jewelry. He is the “go-to guy” for his little black book of luxe hideouts across India (CNN Go).
- His Instagram handle, ‘@champagneboy75,’ was Architectural Digest’s pick of “a tastemaker with an exquisitely edited point-of-view on art, architecture, décor, design, luxury, travel, and style.”
- Gaurav Bhatia headed Sotheby’s India, when the company held its first auction in India in November 2018.
- He began his career as an ad man and spent a decade on Madison Avenue, before heading the South Asian operation of Sotheby’s.
- Gaurav Bhatia’s inclination towards art existed even before joining Sotheby’s. He gave up his trip to Bahamas to buy his first painting at a very young age.