|Profession(s)||YouTuber, Food Explorer|
|Famous For||His YouTube Channel Swad Official|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 2020, Food Explorer Award
• 2021, Food YouTuber of The Year
|Date of Birth||9 October 1987 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||34 Years|
|School||Laxman Public School Delhi|
|College/University||Jagannath Institute of Management Sciences, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (2004 – 2007) Gaurav Wasan - LinkedIn|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Gaurav Wasan - Instagram|
|Tattoo(s)||• "Rooh" written on his right wrist.
• "Jai Guru" written on his left wrist.
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Vaishali Pahuja Wasan
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- Mehar Wasan
|Parents||Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Karan Wasan
Sister- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gaurav Wasan
- Gaurav Wasan is an Indian YouTuber and Food Explorer.
- He grew up in a middle-class family in New Delhi, India.
- In 2005, he joined NDTV as a senior content specialist, where he worked for four years, and then he resigned.
- In 2010, he joined Aaj Tak as a food explorer. While working at Aaj Tak, he hosted the show ‘Pakwan Gali’ on Tez News.
- In 2016, he participated in the Bajaj Super Chef cooking competition.
- In 2018, he created a YouTube channel, Swad Official; the channel has more than 750k subscribers.
- In October 2020, Gaurav Wasan uploaded a video on Baba Ka Dhaba on social media, which went viral. In the video, Kanta Prasad was seen describing the turmoil that his family had been undergoing since the nationwide lockdown in the wake of the COVID-19. Within a few days of the video went viral on social media, a long queue of people started being visible on his Dhaba, where people would take selfies with Kanta Prasad.
View this post on Instagram
- While reacting over the overnight popularity of the Dhaba, Kanta Prasad’s wife, Badami said,
पहले बिक्री नहीं होती थी… बिक्री नहीं होती थी तो कमाई भी नहीं होती थी। जो खाना बच जाता था, उसे घर ले जाते थे, वही खाना खाते थे। कभी-कभी ऐसा भी हुआ कि राशन नहीं होता था तो भूखे रहना पड़ता था। बच्चे अपनी कमाई में से कुछ नहीं देते। एक बेटे का काम छूट गया है और जो दूसरा बेटा काम करता है, वो कुछ नहीं देता। बेटी की शादी हो गई है लेकिन वो हमारे साथ ही रहती है। एक नातिन है, 12 साल की… उसे पढ़ाते भी हैं। आज सुबह से बहुत सारे लोग आए हैं, तो खुशी हो रही है, खाना भी सब खत्म हो गया।”
- After the video went viral, Kanta Prasad accused the YouTuber Gaurav Wasan of doing fraud with the money received as charity for Baba Ka Dhaba, and he also filed an FIR against the YouTuber.
- Reportedly, after Kanta Prasad filed an FIR against Gaurav Wasan, Gaurav gave INR 4.5 lakh to Kanta Prasad. The Indian Express
- Later, Kanta’s daughter, Saroj, accused her father of being an alcoholic and said that he spent most of the money on liquors. In June 2021, Kanta Prasad apologized to Gaurav Wasan and returned to his old Dhaba.
- After Kanta Prasad’s apology, Gaurav Wasan shared a post on Instagram in which he wrote,
- On the night of 17 June 2021, Kanta Prasad was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi after he allegedly tried to commit suicide. Reportedly, he had consumed excess liquor and sleeping pills.
- Later, Kanta Prasad was discharged from the hospital, and he returned to his home. After returning home, Kanta Prasad gave a statement to the police in which he said that he tried to commit suicide after many YouTubers insisted he should apologize to Gaurav Wasan, and it led him to fell into depression.
- He is an avid dog lover
View this post on Instagram