|Known for||Getting arrested in 2022 for the West Bengal school recruitment scam along with TMC leader Partha Chatterjee|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||10 June 1983 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||39 Years|
|Birthplace||Belgharia, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Belgharia, West Bengal|
|School||Ramakrishna Sarada Mission Sister Nivedita Girls' School, Kolkata|
|College/University||Scottish Church College, Kolkata|
|Controversy||On 23 July 2022, Arpita attracted controversy when she was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) for being allegedly involved in the school recruitment scam in West Bengal. The ED raided her flat and seized Rs. 21 crore including gold jewellery worth Rs. 79 lakh, Rs. 54-lakh forex, and 22 mobiles. The ED also stated that she was a close aide of TMC Minister Partha Chatterjee, who was then arrested by the ED for his alleged involvement in the scam. The ED also said that she was running 12 shell companies. In a statement given by ED, they stated,
"We have found documents from Arpita's Joka flat which indicated that she was operating several shell companies for financial manoeuvres."
The Times of India On 27 July 2022, the (ED) conducted more raids and recovered another stash of Rs. 28 crores, in addition to 5kg of gold, from from the Belghoria flat of Arpita Mukherjee located in North 24-Parganas, West Bengal. According to the agency, the total cash recovered from her premises reached to about Rs. 50 crore. Reportedly, the ED officials load the truck with at least 10 trunks filled with cash and jewellery recovered from the residence of Mukherjee. Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (worked as a central government employee)
Mother- Minati Mukherjee (homemaker)
|Siblings||She has a sister.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arpita Mukherjee
- Arpita Mukherjee is an Indian actress who is known for being a close aid of TMC Minister Partha Chatterjee, who was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on 23 July 2022 for his alleged involvement in the teacher recruitment scam in the West Bengal School Service Commission (SSC). On the same day, Arpita was also arrested by the ED for her involvement in the same scam.
- She grew up in a middle-class family and started modelling in 2004. In an interview, her college friends said that she was a bright and go-getter student.
- She was offered her father’s government job after his death, but she did not take the job and went on to follow her passion for acting and modelling.
- Arpita has also worked as a nail artist. According to some sources, she opened three nail salons in Patuli, on Lake View Road, and in Baranagar. In an interview, her mother said that Arpita also owned a production house.
- According to some sources, she was married to a businessman from Jhargram, but there is not much information about her husband.
- In 2008, she appeared in the Bengali film Partner in which she played the role of Rina. She has appeared in various other Bengali films including Mama Bhagne (2009), Jeena the endless love (2009), Bhoot in Roseville (2010), and Bidehir Khonje Rabindranath (2011).
- She has also appeared in various Odia films including Bande Utkala Janani (2008), Prem Rogi (2009), Mu Kana Ete Kharap (2010), Kemiti a Bandhana (2011), and Raju Awara (2012).
- In 2019 and 2020, she was the brand ambassador of ‘Naktala Udayan Sangha’ and did promotional campaigns for it. It is one of the most prominent Durga Puja committees in Kolkata. Partha Chatterjee was the chief financer of ‘Naktala Udayan Sangha’ at that time.
- After her arrest, a snip of a video went viral on social media in which they were seen wearing the same colour clothes after which people started to link them.
- On 23 July 2022, after her arrest in 2022 by the ED, a picture of a video went viral on social media in which CM Mamata Banerjee was seen sharing the stage with Arpita alleging Mamata’s involvement in the School Service Commission (SSC) scam. Mamata dismissed the allegations made against her in an interview and said,
I go for inauguration of many pujas. How am I supposed to know whom the organisers have invited? How could I know that she was Partha’s friend? I do not spare even my partymen if they are at fault. I do not and will not spare my own minister if found guilty.”
- Later, Arpita was taken to the Joka ESI Hospital for a medical examination. After her checkup, she was taken into custody till 3 August 2022.
- On 25 July 2022, her aunt Swapna Chakraborty revealed to the ED that Arpita made underground bunkers in her home in Mathurabati Village in Jangipara, West Bengal, to hide the money earned from the SSC scam. She also claimed that many of her relatives got jobs because of Arpita and Partha.
- In an interview, some directors who had worked with her said that she used to drive a second-hand car to her shooting sets. Another director said that she used to travel by public transport to the sets.
- She often spends her birthday and other festivals with orphans.
- She is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and often posts pictures of her workout on social media.