|Real Name||Geeta Phogat
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 3½”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Category||55 kg freestyle|
|International Debut||Commonwealth Wrestling Championship in Jalandhar, Punjab (2009)|
|Coach/Mentor||Mahavir Singh Phogat (Father and coach)|
|Records/Achievements||• Won Gold medal in the 55 kg freestyle category at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
• First Indian woman wrestler to have qualified for the Olympics.
|Career Turning Point||2010 Commonwealth Games|
|Date of Birth||15 December 1988|
|Age (as in 2016)||28 Years|
|Birth Place||Balali village, Haryana|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Balali village, Haryana|
|College||MDU, Rohtak, Haryana|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Mahavir Singh Phogat (Wrestler)
Mother- Shobha Kaur
Sister- Babita Kumari (Westler), Sangita Phogat, Ritu Phogat
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Pawan Kumar (Wrestler, m.2016-present)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Geeta Phogat
- Does Geeta Phogat smoke?: No
- Does Geeta Phogat drink alcohol?: No
- Geeta was born to a renowned Indian wrestler, Mahavir Singh Phogat (amateur wrestler & senior Olympics Coach).
- Her father left his job just to concentrate in training her and Babita for the Commonwealth Games.
- His father took her and Babita to muddy arena, local wrestling matches and even built a gymnasium with high-tech gym equipment for their training.
- In 2010 Commonwealth Games, she became the first Indian women wrestler to win a gold medal, in the 55 kg.
- Based on her and her family’s life, a biopic film Dangal was made by Aamir Khan in 2016 to showcase her path to success.
- In October 2016, he was appointment as a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in Haryana.