|Real Name||Mesut Özil
|Nickname(s)||El Búho, The Multi-Kulti Kicker|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 76 kg
in Pounds- 170 lbs
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||International: On 11 February 2009 for Germany against Norway
Club: On 12 August 2006 for FC Schalke 04 against Eintracht Frankfurt
|Jersey Number||#10 (Germany)
|Coach/Mentor||Mutlu Ozil (Manager, His brother)|
|Records (main ones)||• Mesut Özil dazzled the world in FIFA World Cup 2010 when he was nominated for "The Golden Ball" Award, which is given to the best player of the tournament.
• In 2010-11 Özil ranked first in assists in major European and domestic competitions with 25.
• In 2011-12, he ranked first in assists in La Liga with 17.
• In the 2010 FIFA World Cup and in the 2012 UEFA Euro 2012, he was the joint highest assist provider with three in each tournament.
|Career Turning Point||• In the FIFA World Cup 2010, he was the highest assists provider and he was nominated for The Golden Ball.|
|Date of Birth||15th October 1988|
|Age (as in 2017)||29 Years|
|Birth Place||Gelsenkirchen, West Germany|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|School||Berger-Feld, Gelsenkirchen, Germany|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Mustafa Özil
Mother- Gulizar Özil
Brothers- Mutlu Özil (Manager of Mesut Özil)
Sisters-Dugyu Özil and Nese Özil
|Hobbies||Playing Chess, Playing Video Games|
|Controversies||Özil did claim Arsenal mismanaged their title bid with the Gunners 11 points off the top. This caused trouble for Arsene Wenger, manager of Arsenal.|
|Favourite Food||Melemen (Turkish dish), it is made of scrambled eggs, tomatoes and Turkish garlic sausage.|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends|| Anna-Maria Lagerblom (2009–2010)
Aida Yespica (2010)
Mandy Capristo (2010–2017), Singer
Amine Gülşe (2017-Present), Model/Actress
|Salary (approx.)||$23 Million|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$50 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mesut Özil
- Does Mesut Özil smoke?: No.
- Does Mesut Özil drink alcohol?: Yes.
- He was born and raised in Germany while his parents are from Turkey, who later migrated to Germany.
- Özil has been a member of National Football Team of Germany since 2009.
- Most Amazing fact about this German is that Arsenal and Real Madrid have not lost any game whenever Özil has scored a goal.
- Cristiano Ronaldo a Portuguese legend praises him a lot. Ronaldo expressed woe when Özil was signed for Arsenal.
- He caught the world’s attention in FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa when he was nominated for The Golden Ball Award.
- Özil was offered a chance to play for Turkey but he refused it.
- Özil made his professional debut in 2006 for Schalke04, he played for this club from 2006 to 2008.
- From 2008 to 2010, he played for Werder Bremen.
- From 2010 to 2013, he played for Real Madrid before switching to Arsenal in 2013.
- He moved to Arsenal for a record fee of £42.5 million and this fee made him the most expensive German Footballer at that time.
- Özil is a very gracious guy, he donated £240,000 to have 23 Brazilian sick children cured.
- Özil is fluent in four languages which include Turkish, German, English, and Spanish.
- In 2018, he announced his retirement from international football in a twitter post. He was caught in a controversy when he shared his shared his picture with Turkish President. Due to this picture, he received a lot of backlash from German media and politicians. He in a heartfelt post on Twitter condemned the behaviour of the politicians and German media before announcing his retirement.