Some Lesser Known Facts About George Clooney
- Does George Clooney smoke?: Yes (Quitted after his uncle’s death)
- Does George Clooney drink alcohol?: Yes
- His father was a game show host and his mother was a beauty pageant.
- Abraham Lincoln’s mother Nancy Lincoln’s half sister Mary Ann Sparrow was his maternal great-great-great-great-grandmother.
- George Clooney developed Bell’s palsy (partially paralyzed face) in middle school.
- In 1977, he tried to play professional baseball with Cincinnati Reds but was rejected at the first round of test.
- He did odd jobs like stocking shelves, selling women’s shoes, door-to-door insurance, cutting tobacco before coming into the profession of acting.
- In 1984, he got his first major role in the short-lived sitcom E/R.
- He studied acting for five years at the Beverly Hills Playhouse.
- In 2003, he opposed the Iraq war and said “You can’t beat your enemy anymore through wars”.
- His most successful film has been “Ocean’s Eleven” in the year 2001. It has two sequels also “Ocean’s Twelve” in 2004 and “Ocean’s Thirteen” in 2007.
- In 2005, he suffered a major accident on the set of “Syriana” in which his brain’s dura was severely damaged.
- In 2006, he got his first Oscar for the Best Supporting Actor for his role in “Syriana”.
- George Clooney supported Barack Obama in the 2008 US presidential election.
- He is an ardent supporter of gay-rights.
- He has appeared in commercials for Nespresso, Fiat and Martini vermouth.
- Time magazine named him thrice as “100 Most Influential People in the World”, in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
- In 2005, he was ranked No.1 by TV Guide on its “50 Sexist Star of All Time” list.
- He made an appearance on the cover of “Vogue” magazine, only the second man after Rechard Gere.
- He owned a pet pig name “Max the Star”.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)