Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 22 Years
|Full name||Maramreddy Harishankar Reddy The New Indian Express|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 177 cm
in meters- 1.7 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|International Debut||Yet to make|
|Jersey Number||#46 (IPL)
|Domestic & Franchise Cricket Team(s)||• Andhra Pradesh
• Chennai Super Kings (IPL)
|Bowling Style||Right-arm fast medium|
|Date of Birth||2 June 1998 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||22 Years|
|Birthplace||Nagurivandla-Palli village, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Chinnamandem, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||Swetha High School, Chinnamandem, Kadapa|
|Educational qualification||Graduate Telangana Today|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Ramachandra Reddy (farmer)
Mother- Lakshmi Devi
|Cricketers||Batsmen- MS Dhoni & Virat Kohli
Bowler- Jasprit Bumrah
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harishankar Reddy
- Hari Shankar Reddy is a young Indian cricketer who plays domestic cricket for Andhra Pradesh. He will be playing for Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in the IPL 2021.
- Hari Shankar did not play with a cricket ball up until the age of 14. He got introduced to hardball cricket in 2012 when he went to chance his luck in a cricket trial that was conducted for picking players in the Kadapa’s district-level under-14 cricket team. He impressed everyone with his bowling at the selection camp, and thereafter, played the under-14 and under-16 cricket for Kadapa.
- His village and the villages nearby lacked proper cricket facilities, so he moved to Vizianagaram in 2016 and enrolled himself at ACA Academy Ground. He further improved his bowling skills and went to play under-19 cricket for Andhra Pradesh the same year.
- He was selected to play for Andhra Pradesh’s team in the 2018 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy (20-overs tournament). On 11 January 2018, in his debut T20 match for Andhra Pradesh against Kerala, he took four wickets and conceded 12 runs in the only two overs that he bowled in the match.
- On 20 February 2021, he made his List-A cricket debut in the 2021 Vijay Hazare Trophy (50-overs tournament). Since then, he has been a regular player for Andhra Pradesh in domestic cricket.
- In February 2021, during the players’ auctions for IPL 2020, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) bought him for his base price of Rs. 20 lakh. He is only the second player to have been picked by an IPL franchise from his district, Kadapa, after Vijayakumar, who has played for the Deccan Chargers in the IPL 2009.
— Chennai Super Kings (@ChennaiIPL) February 18, 2021
- In a practice session before the beginning of IPL 2021, Hari made headlines after he clean bowled MS Dhoni.
- Hari’s parents revealed in an interview that during his college days, he used to skip college to practice cricket.
- He admires Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah‘s bowling and also considers him as his idol.