Some Lesser Known Facts About Rashmi Gautam
- Rashmi Gautam is an Indian actress and television presenter who primarily works in Telugu cinema. She hosts the Telugu television comedy show “Extra Jabardasth” and serves as a team leader on the reality dance show “Dhee.”
- She was born to an Odia-speaking mother, and her father belonged to Uttar Pradesh. She was raised by her mother as her father died when she was a child.
- Rashmi Gautam began her acting career at a young age as she began showing an early interest in anchoring and on-stage performances. At the age of fourteen, she began working as a child artist in the film industry and appeared in the Telugu film “Holi.”
- As she grew up, she began working as a model.
- After appearing in a supporting role in the 2010 Telugu film “Prasthanam,” Rashmi Gautam caught the attention of South Indian actress Sangeetha during a reality dance show. Sangeetha then recommended Rashmi to Indian producer Mugil Chandran, who then cast Rashmi Gautam in the lead role of Narmada in the 2011 Tamil film “Kandaen.”
- In 2012, Rashmi Gautam appeared as Ankitha in the Kannada film ‘Guru’ for which she was nominated for the Best Female Debutant – Kannada at the 2nd SIIMA Award show organised in Sharjah, UAE.
- In 2008, she worked in the television serial Love as Mounica. In 2015, she participated in the television reality show Idea Super as a contestant. She then participated in many reality shows such as Dhee Jodi – Season 09 (2016) and Dhee Champions (Season 12) (2019).
- Rashmi Gautam often appears as an anchor and team leader in various Telugu dance reality shows. In 2013, she appeared as an anchor in two television shows such as Jabardasth and Super Kutumbam. In 2014, she hosted a show titled ‘Ragada The Ultimate Dance Show.’ She gained popularity with the 2014 television comedy show “Extra Jabardasth,” which ran successfully for six years on ETV.
- Rashmi Gautam then went on to appear in many television reality shows such as Anubhavinchu Raja (2018), Girl Power – Sarileru Manakevvaru (2020) as an anchor., and Dhee Kings Vs Queens (Season 13) (2020) as team leader.
- Rashmi Gautam has acted in several movies including “Thanks” (2006) Tejaswini, “Current” (2009) as Geeta, “Well Done Abba” (2009) as Geeta, “Chalaki” (2010) as Nandu, “Login” (2012) as Vrutika, “Vyuham” (2015), “Antham” (2016) as Vanita, Anthaku Minchi (2018) as Madhu Priya, and “Sivaranjani” (2019) as Madhu alias Valli.
- In 2022, Rashmi Gautam appeared as Vaani in the Telugu film ‘Bomma Blockbuster.’
- In 2023, she appeared in the film “Bhola Shankar” alongside Chiranjeevi. She has made appearances in Hindi, Tamil, and Kannada films.
- Once, in a media conversation, Rashmi Gautam shared about the starting phase of her acting career. She said,
I made my debut at a very young age when I knew nothing about the industry. Moreover, I came from Vizag to Hyderabad which was difficult. Nor did I get good offers. Some people narrated a good story and offered a good role. But when it came to shooting, they did something else and after the film’s release, my role was totally cut out. I was cheated many times.”
- Rashmi Gautam is an avid dog lover. She has many pet dogs and often shares pictures of her pet dogs on social media.
- She enjoys paragliding as her favourite pastime.
- In a media interview, Rashmi Gautam mentioned her daily preference for sweets. She said,
I love sweet sweets and in a prana monday every day at least one sweet either i’ll consume preferably with my lunch and i’m not a very calorie conscious person.”