Age: 57 Years
Education: MSc (Organic Chemistry)
Husband: Gyan Shivpuri
Some Lesser Known Facts about Himani Shivpuri
- Does Himani Shivpuri smoke?: No
- Does Himani Shivpuri drink alcohol?: No
- Himani Shivpuri, the famous film, and Television actor while pursuing her post-graduation, used to do theatre in the evenings. She had preferred to join the National School of Drama over the scholarship of studying in America for advanced studies.
- She was fascinated by the theatre since her childhood that, she used bunk her college classes to go and watch movies in the cinema hall.
- After her post-graduation, Himani was offered a scholarship to study in the United States; however, she preferred to study at the National of Drama over the United States.
- The one person responsible for encouraging her to follow her dream of joining National School of Drama was her father. She has directed a play called Sunhare Sapne (based on the story written by her father) as a tribute to her father. She holds workshops for poor people and children every year in Dehradun and has also provided for the educational scholarship for two girls whose parents had died.
- She loves poetry and few of her poems were selected for the “Illustrated weekly” in the category of “poetry weekly” and while some of her writings have been published for a magazine named “Sarika”. She has also written a novel for children.
- Before shifting to Mumbai for movies, she used to work with NSD Repertory Company and earn 600 rupees per month.
- She has also been the part of a short documentary film, “The Facebook Generation” produced by Blue Strike Productions and Dev Samaj Modern School and Directed by Sahil Bhardwaj. The film had succeded in gaining the position in the list of top 10 finalists in the filmmaking competition at “Harmony 2012” organized by The Global Education and Leadership Foundation.
- Himani has worked in multiple movies including, Besharam (2013), Dhanwaan (1993), Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994), Anjaam (1994), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Jodi No.1 (2001), Wedding Pullav (2015), Nanu Ki Jaanu (2018), etc.
- She has also been part of the famous television daily soaps like Doli Armaano Ki, Sumit Smbhal Lega, Sasural Simar Ka, I Luv My India, Ek Vivaah Aisa Bhi and many more.
- She never forgets to give credit to her father, Haridutt Bhatt Shailesh, for her successful film and television career.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)